Ten Pilot Week 2018

After watching Pilot Week, I was thinking what FTA commercial TV might look like if it relied on multiple different shows across the week like we’ve just seen instead of stripped multi-night formats that now seen to get all the resources. I’m not sure that viewer numbers would be higher but I think a broader cross section of people would potentially tune across a week due to a broader range of offerings.

Would it, however, be as commercially attractive? There are advantages of scale in production and even promotion (it’s probably easier to promote one show that’s on 4 nights than 4 separate shows) of stripped formats which in many cases leads to fairly high quality production values.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Looks like Delta goes undercover “Ellen” style tonight too.

Rove mentioned on the Project that Delta goes “undercover” at a hardware store employee, with Rove giving her directions via an earpiece.

Watched Kinne also. Feels like a late night program (10.30 in the better days but) probably a 9.30 or 10pm timeslot for 30 minutes a week. I think that could work in a more fuller schedule.

1 Like

Might slot in well behind have you being paying attention for a comedy block.

4 Likes

I saw a photo of Delta in a Home Hardware store last week and was dumbfounded. EDIT: from Home Hardware’s Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmPlw2_AeVc/
Now I know why she was there. I and my fellow Delta fans are looking forward to it.

1 Like

How do we join this club

2 Likes

Celebrities need a wide range of home improvement products at reasonable prices just like the common man.

3 Likes

But the stupid thing is she is so recognizable, no one would believe she was working at a hard ware store.

I guarantee if this show does get picked up it wont air on Saturday nights.

The point of the joke is that people do recognise her but think there’s no way it’s her and confusion ensues.

4 Likes

Yeah or this is 100% a prank as what I would think straight away. Wonder if they show all the people she didn’t fool?

Should have done the famous route. Have her walk in and say DELTA GOODREM IS HERE!

1 Like

No LIVE watermark :thinking:

This show is so daggy, but it’s likeable and light viewing.

3 Likes

This show reminds me of something I used to watch 20 years ago on a Saturday night. If a head on a stick pops up I think a certain former Gold Logie winner might need to consult his lawyers.

1 Like

This is pretty average, really.

Your post makes me wonder what exactly you were expecting that could be done live? I think it is fair Sat night fare. Might catch on over time as a 60 minute show noting it is slightly more adult in nature as an M-rated program and after 40 minutes I can see why it is M.

Seeing the M rating, I also now understand why it is still at 7.30 in SA and WA.

Something a little more fresh and original than the stale old stunts that were pulled on Hey Hey a couple of decades ago. A guest or two worthy of an interview.

I’m enjoying it. Seems to have changed from it’s original premise of young stars singing classics and legends singing new stuff. Ditched for a straight-forward Rove Live type show.

1 Like