Ten On-Air Presentation

Stations not affiliated with CBS in the US also use “Eyewitness News” as their brand. For instance, it’s been used for several decades on ABC in markets like New York and Los Angeles.

Of course, I’m sure that Ten would have (and had during it’s previous three incarnations) a licencing agreement from somewhere to use the “Eyewitness News” name as the case was/is with all of the branding ideas that Australian TV has borrowed from overseas.

1 Like

Eyewitness News is not a CBS brand

Hundreds of stations in the US use the brand. Fox abc NBC CBS affils and Independant stations

4 Likes

“Eyewitness” is a generic term, not a trademark.

2 Likes

I stand corrected. It’s still shit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Does anyone remember the “rehab” promo ten aired a few years back? I can’t remember what year it was, does anyone know?

1 Like

Yes, that was a great ident. Around 2009, 2010… it was when SYTYCDA was on air, as Nat Bas was in the add.

Found it:

8 Likes

Yeah that was great, I think it would be good if they could do it now, as I reckon they have better personalities now. Like Grant Denyer, Matt White, Carrie Bickmore etc

1 Like

She was in that ad.

Ten basically still have most of those same personalities.

2 Likes

(Southern Cross) Ten CSA graphic

5 Likes

Someone do me a favour and let me know when Ten stop playing the “feud glorious feud” promo for Family Feud so I can rescan my television to recover the channels I’ve just deleted as a result of viewing that filth.

11 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Anyone else noticed some slight tweaks to the line-up’s that TEN are currently airing?

5 Likes

Yes - I was thinking it was associated with the teal/aqua colours of TBL?

8 Likes

Looks like the colours will vary per program Joint One/Ten

7 Likes

I had a feeling you would’ve noticed @TV.Cynic :wink:

It looks like they’re using different coloured gradients, the font looks like a similar variant of the one used previously however the show title is lowercase now.

The position of the word NEW is different (above the show rather than at the end of underneath) and then there is the animation with the falling bubbles on TEN & boxes on ONE.

Also I think the transitions and swipes may be different and there’s no numerical 10 background.

3 Likes

Feels very female and soft and lifestyle channel esque

Seen yesterday

12 Likes
15 Likes

Can someone please tell that ONE voiceover he sounds ridiculous?

1 Like

That Bridgestone tyres-sponsored Ident has been rolling around for quite a while now, since 2015 if I’m not mistaken.