Ten On-Air Presentation

“graphics”

1 Like

Celebrity themed

6 Likes

I’d love for Ten to expand on their Sports intro and morph it into a station ID, or even ten|NEWS

9 Likes

Yeah I always liked that one, except for the music

2 Likes

Jungle themed animated PRG

3 Likes

The new crime time Saturday promos are really good I think, even if I’m still 50/50 about continuing with the Scorpion, MacGyver & Hawaii Five-O lineup again after it failed to fire last year - you certainly couldn’t say they didn’t at least try to keep the time slot for it somewhat consistent (outside of airing live sports) or promoted it regularly/well.

3 Likes

Any chance that this element of the NCIS promo seen tonight is a hint to a new NEXT/NOW graphic? Looks similar to current one but a lot smaller - blue bar swipes from L to R and narrows at end.

10 Likes

they’ve had that since the current refresh… I’m disappointed it never made it as the PRG.

1 Like

Do you think a presentation refresh could happen in 13th Feb when Eyewitness News goes solo?

1 Like

That was my impression when they said “New look for Ten Eyewitness News”, but we’all have to wait and see.

3 Likes

Maybe a whole channel refresh? But let’s be real, ten news’ current on air graphics are great in my opinion, so I don’t see why they need to change. Unless if Ten has a total refresh, new logo etc, a news refresh would make sense.
Over the past 1.5 months, we have seen bits and pieces that could possibly point to a refresh, like the different font and coloured box on the This is Us promotional watermark from yesterday. So maybe we will see a refresh of both it’s news and presentation

Let’s be realistic: Ten is not going to get a new logo anytime soon especially when they only updated to the current version on the building at Pyrmont not that long ago!

As far as the graphics are concerned, I suppose that the general channel On-Air Presentation could do with a refresh since it’s been in use since Early 2014 but at the same time, I wouldn’t be terribly surprised to see the current package survive another year. Out of the three network channels, One is most desperately in need of a relaunch (and not just as far as graphics are concerned either) IMO.

While off slightly topic, it also seems that some people on here speculate about Ten updating/changing their news graphics every year! :confused:

1 Like

Am I the only one who sees their news graphics as particularly dated?

Like, 3D orange and blue has been done since the early 2000s pretty much everywhere, and the 3D graphics in particular look somewhat last decade compared to the cleaner, 2D look being employed by other broadcasters. And the supers look horrendous.

2 Likes

I’ve gotta agree with you. At first they looked nice but they seriously dated already.

They should go with a completely fresh look, or something less flashy (basically the previous supers lol)

Maybe they’ll drop the eyewitness branding? I don’t mind it, but it’s hardly “eyewitness” these days.

2 Likes

no.

1 Like

It make sense with CBS being the “eye” network in America, where they use it the title of shows and segments there. But it is irrelevant to Ten in Australia. If they’re paying a licence fee to use it, it’s a huge waste of money.

I very much doubt Ten are paying anyone to call their news “Ten Eyewitness News”.
It was called this decades ago before Ten’s quite recent content agreement with CBS.

wha? the CBS eye has zero in common with eyewitness news…

2 Likes

And I’m sure there would have been an agreement to use it back then too. You can’t just rip off an idea from overseas without legal consequences.