Ten On-Air Presentation

I think they should just relaunch One as Twelve.

That way, they have Ten, Eleven, Twelve as their channels. One could be used for Ten HD.

4 Likes

Makes sense & a good idea.
Unfortunately what comes to mind is if the new One & 11 logos reference the Ten logo/brand (like Nine’s & Seven’s ones do) I can immediately see their affiliate WIN continuing to use the old logos (where possible)/refusing to use the new logos (as they did when affiliated with Nine).

2 Likes

As far as the multichannels are concerned, I think that One desperately needs an On-Air Presentation relaunch. Eleven’s current graphics still look OK.

Ten should just rename the channels with the network name in them like every other network has done.

TenComedy etc. (but better obvs)

See this is what I would want them to go back to… or something similar

edit: what I mean is go back to a full glossy 3D design, not go back to this exact on air presentation.

2 Likes

But it looks dated. Soooo ten years ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we just forget about even the thought of Ten changing it’s logo anytime soon? I mean, the logo outside the building at Pyrmont was only recently updated to the current version!

8 Likes

Guys… It’s Ten!

It took them a decade to update their classification boards :confused:

They’re not going to be updating ONE & ELEVEN anytime soon, let alone the main channel.

They can’t even sort out their flagship news.

3 Likes

I wonder how long the wait for the update to the endboard sting will be :stuck_out_tongue:
They are still using the one introduced in 2001, although I’m not complaining

5 Likes

Melbournes one(s) on their building as far as I’m aware, haven’t been and they haven’t even replaced the globes in it. So only half of it all lights up :confused:

5 Likes

After the notorious Channel X and TV Australia debacles I doubt Ten will want to stick their necks out and change their main logo (significantly), nor should they. There’s some truth in the saying “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, which also applies to the endboard.

Apart from the X & TV Aus periods Ten have stuck with the simple circle with the Ten text inside for so long it’s familiar and why risk losing viewer recognition?

(There’s a reason Nine have had the same logo for so long, apart from the dots falling off brief mistake, but obviously Nine’s logo is uniquely good.)

The One & 11 logos however… they could be better.

5 Likes

What about Seven? For three decades, they used variations of the 7 in a circle logo before dumping it in 2000 for the Ribbon 7 logo.

1 Like

Brisbane’s studios have recently been upgraded to the newest logo.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/ten-network-holdings/590/74?u=tv.cynic

5 Likes

True. I should’ve also put my earlier comments in the context that Ten have been struggling for ratings for quite some time so won’t be as free with the cash for a rebrand.

A reminder of the time we all thought the logo would change but didn’t. A missed opportunity to refresh?

9 Likes

Yes yes yes.

1 Like

I’ve always thought it might be nice if ten rebranded themselves back to 'The Entertainment Network".

4 Likes

Why do people keep wanting Ten to go “back” in time rather than do something new and fresh?

10 Likes

Yeah, I agree.

Ten probably could do with an On-Air Presentation refresh, but the chances of them changing their logo (or going back to the type of graphics they did ten years ago) in the foreseeable future are approximately 0%. It’s like the people who want “Move Closer To Your World” to be used by Ten as their news theme again…why?!

4 Likes

That’s what I hope for to happen eventually. I just feel that Ten’s creative efforts for On-Air Presentation was very different to what the other networks had between the early to mid 2000s. I was just using previous examples of their On-Air Presentation attempts to show how Ten was creative in refreshes.

I don’t think at all Ten needs a new logo, but at least just use the variation of the Ten HD version. Ten was always tweaking the blue and yellow version for years, using 3D, flat and glossy for most of the 2000s, as it didn’t shift too far away to the corporate logo.

I’m not asking for something we’ve already seen, I’m just hoping it’ll be something creative that Ten hasn’t done.

3 Likes