Ten On-Air Presentation

I have to agree with @TV.Cynic, the ‘new’ TEN logo seems just to be for their HD channel. I think by altering the watermark on the primary channel to be the same, it gave a lot of people on here some false hope (or wishes) of a presentation update or rollout of a refreshed logo with the current on-air look.

I think it might be a while yet before we see any major updates, they’ve got bigger problems to worry about at the moment.

3 Likes

Why am I actually not surprised that Ten haven’t really decided what to do with the modified logo?

Branding consistency really isn’t one of Ten’s strong points over the past few years. If anything, I think the new look PRG animation (aside from the logo) is really just something that was part of the original 2014 On-Air Presentation package since the Lineups and 2014 Launch IDs had something similar going on.

1 Like

With Ten’s current presentation at the moment, I think that it would be silly to only change the logo for the PRG, and just leave everything else intact. Like @TV.Cynic, I thought that the logo would only be used for the HD Simulcast. The same happened in 2007 with the first era of Ten HD.

I’d say this example of some print marketing from the TEN network (can also be seen at the top of the image) all but confirms that the Ten HD logo is being used in conjunction with the current logo for the main channel.

4 Likes

I think that’s what this is based on what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Oh well :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“killy06, post:185, topic:333”]
I’d say this example of some print marketing from the TEN network (can also be seen at the top of the image) all but confirms that the Ten HD logo is being used in conjunction with the current logo for the main channel.
[/quote] And that makes sense how?
In what way does a simulcast need a separate brand identity?!

1 Like

Not only that, but they’ve done it poorly.

Every promo should have the Ten logo flipping or doing some animation into the shiny Ten HD logo on the endboards. So should Nine. Promote your services goddammit!

I would prefer if they moved Ten HD and Nine HD to LCNs 10 and 9 respectively, but if they’re too concerned of losing viewers, at least promote your HD service in a clear and highly-visible way. Plaster that shit on your promos and have a little ‘Available in HD’ tag appear after every ad break.

4 Likes

@AustralianAerial I actually think it does make sense whilst the HD simulcast is relatively new, it identifies which shows have been filmed and are going to be shown in proper high definition. Used sparingly in the right areas I actually think this is the right way to go about it at the moment given the simulcast channel was only a soft launch for them. Forgive the network for actually promoting something relatively positive that they’ve done recently.

TEN do have an additional end board which airs after promos for programs that are in HD. I’ve seen it for David Attenborough and for the V8’s - it goes something like “And get the full high definition experience on TEN HD” but doesn’t mention the channel number. It just hasn’t been on high rotation because as we know only select programming is in HD at the moment.

1 Like

Yep. The Talk just now had the 2006 slide. It just won’t die :slightly_smiling:

Are Ten so tight that they can’t even make up themed classification slides for non-primetime and now it looks like non-primetime won’t get the new system either

3 Likes

Do they even need to have them any more? The other networks seem to have dropped them.

Correct.

But it seems Ten can only afford to implement the changes for primetime only

Something I’m surprised that Sifon hasn’t asked yet…sincehen did Ten ditch program Classifiation Warnings and the Supertext icon for the Nine/Seven-style program info and CC icons briefly shown at the start of a program?

In these caps, Goggleboxer Adam is taking a glance at Ten’s new program info icons! :wink:

2 Likes

Started on some programming about 6 weeks ago

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/ten-on-air-presentation/333/152?u=tv.cynic

1 Like

I’ve only noticed the New Style Classifications on programs other than prime time since this week.

1 Like

I noticed those creeping in slowly. Modern Family was still using the old classification board on Sunday.

I still can’t help but think something is in the pipeline with Ten’s On-Air Presentation in the future. A promo for Rio 2 just played and had included the single line element from Ten HD’s pre-launch. What’s also interesting to note, current promos still have the previous captions symbol (not sure of the name) rather than the newly adopted CC symbol.

1 Like

Here’s hoping you’re onto something, would love to see something new. In particular the now, next, later lineups they are currently using which I hate.

1 Like

[quote=“Biscuit45, post:198, topic:333”]
current promos still have the previous captions symbol (not sure of the name)[/quote]
Supertext.

Thank you. :slight_smile: Again, I do hope something changes eventually and maybe if we are lucky, coincides with the premiere of MasterChef on May 1. It is the first day of the month after all, and history has told us some changes occur then. :wink:

1 Like