Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

It was coming from Sydney tonight.

1 Like

Its not a long flight though :sweat_smile: So isn’t entirely unrealistic. But yes as other’s have said, the Project was done out of Sydney this evening

2 Likes

Stephen Quartermain presenting in Melbourne/Adelaide this evening

8 Likes

Candice had a medical procedure done according to her Insta, so that’s probably why

1 Like

The Melbourne team tonight.

7 Likes

That set lols

Looks ok to me

1 Like

For Melbourne, of all markets, it seems very small and basic.

It’s 10. It is what it is. They’re hardly going to invest a hell of a lot of money. Personally I preferred Adelaide’s very small and basic set to Melbourne’s but it does the job well enough.

Still miss some of the earlier incarnations of the Melbourne set such as the one with the Como centre background - that was very cool for its time.

2 Likes

I agree. Adelaide’s set was really good looking - just needed the light boxes replaced with screens - or go back to the open newsroom backdrop.

Like everything with 10 its a shame… from memory I think @lexington mentioned that Melbourne was next in line to receive a set refresh in late 2019 - early 2020?

3 Likes

I think it’s fine, it does the job. It doesn’t need to be a palace.

lol I never said it did. It’s just really poor for the market it’s in. Just my opinion.

Not sure what happened there. There was that replica Sydney news desk they used for the Melbourne cup one year and then it apparently wouldn’t fit the Melb news studio or something so I’m not sure if the intention was to update with that.

Anyway - 10 seem to build sets to last. Current one still serves its purpose.

1 Like

Viacom took over from CBS, along with the ad revenue market drying up in 2020/21 due to the pandemic.

I’m getting the impression that 10 still doesn’t want to invest too much $$$ into its news department as it will (again) need to make more staff cuts later in the year. All depends on primetime figures.

1 Like

Ugh, there’s nothing left to cut and ironically News is doing better than most of prime time.
Plus they can’t expect their prime time to improve when all the good content and investment goes to Paramount+
Anyway…

Yes, there is… taking the news brand down to a full national bulletin would easily half their current staff and recourses. Something similar to a level of how SBS News is running with a single reporting crew based in each city.

Just a half hour national bulletin at 5pm mon-fri out of Sydney with no weekend news would considerably cut a large amount of reporters, producers, crew and presenters.

Correct. They could still run an hour with overseas reports from CBS/CNN added in… but you would basically eliminating two third’s of the staff that they currently have now.

Hopefully, shows like Survivor, I’m a Celebrity and Masterchef pull though for 10 and this doesn’t eventuate.

1 Like

it would also cut a lot of viewers/advertisers. All very well to make cuts but cut too hard and viewers and advertisers will not be too forgiving.

5 Likes

Ratings would probably remain largely the same - or only dip another 50,000.