Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Most likely the crew for those crosses has long since been either reassigned or made redundant.

3 Likes

Bring back Rob Gell :smile:

4 Likes

There will always be more staff though.

In Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, for example, there’d also need to be more equipment… it was also gutted.

Perth does weather OBs. Adelaide most likely will as well to make them seem more local. So no doubt it could be arranged for Melbourne.

1 Like

Isn’t Perth OBs once a week?

I worry with Adelaide about what resources they actually have for the bulletin - they’ve just moved two reporters into presenter roles and I’m not sure they’ve been replaced.

Weather OBs in Adelaide would be great but I suspect if they happen they’ll be more opportunistic than they used to be (Eg: piggybacking off whatever news/sports report is doing a live cross for the day).

Not convinced Melbourne need OBs, studio seems to work well for weather in the bigger markets though Melbourne could use a bigger presentation area.

2 Likes

I think mixed usage of OBs is fine. Doesn’t have to happen every day but it is still nice to see on occasion. Mike was great out and about though.
Adelaide’s situation will be very interesting considering sport and weather are being presented locally (ie: studio space etc).

3 Likes

Usually Mon-Fri but also has capability to do Newsroom crosses (the ones used in Sport) and a balcony when needed.

Presume Adelaide will at least have a newsroom cam.

Just hook up the Dejero if you’re outside the newsroom and you’re in.

3 Likes

Unless you’re amongst a large crowd in which case you need to introduce a 3 second delay for buffering.

With the Adelaide bulletin moving to Sydney… I’ve got no doubt a few extra staff are being recruited around the network to accommodate.

1 Like

Adelaide might be out and about (whether that’s on location or just on the balcony/outside) more often than not then?

That’s not doing things without no money though…

Why on earth would you even bother applying for those jobs? They’ll be let go within a year anyway.

Well that’s a positive attitude. Most would be grateful for any work they can get, no matter the length.

You’re obviously not very aware that a lot of the industry is short term contract work… more so than full time permanent employment .

12 Likes

Natasha Exelby is presenting the weekend news from Melbourne tonight.

9 Likes

According to the Sunday Herald Sun, Jayde Cotic has been appointed Melbourne weather presenter on 10 News First, after Kate Freebairn has taken the Adelaide news anchor role and Adam Morgan’s contract finished. It also confirms Jayde will be on the road covering weather stories.

8 Likes

The most likely position for the role, congrats to Jayde for the appointment.

4 Likes

As expected. On the road is a great sign too.

4 Likes

Surprised they didn’t renew him.

$$$ that would likely mean no Adelaide bulletin