Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Why? What news is being missed by not having local news?

3 Likes

I thought we were told, that they would be doing local news bar Christmas Day & weekends.

1 Like

Local is preferable.

1 Like

Well, the current situation on the Northern Beaches (which seems like it could be spreading to the wider Sydney metro area) seems like something which deserves proper localised coverage.

2 Likes

It looked to me like it was covered substantially in the national bulletin. 90 minutes gives them plenty of time to cover every state in detail if they needed to. It’s a quiet time of year.

1 Like

What a disgusting weather report. Barely a mention for Vic and SA.
These national weather reports seriously need to GO. Prerecord them for each state for christ sake.

6 Likes

And Sport from Melbourne with Nick Butler.

Natasha + Nick were a great pairing over the weekend. Very watchable.

4 Likes

10 News Adelaide (might) have recorded its lowest audience with 7,000. Not sure if I’m allowed to post the number.

4 Likes

Perth still receiving their local news bulletin

1 Like

Thats the stock standard national bulletin setup.

2 Likes

Cycle back 15 years and you really can see how far they have sunk. To be honest I have not watched a full episode since around 07/08 when they started playing with things.

2 Likes

To be honest, if you were in Adelaide (or SA) you wouldn’t watch 10 News at all.

6 Likes

I only occasionally watch it to see how the bulletin is structured considering this whole hybrid bulletin is a load of…

As I mentioned before, they should’ve at least tried to get Rebecca Morse/Georgina Lewis to move to Melbourne/Sydney to present the local bulletin. At least there’s still a local face who is familiar to the audience.

1 Like

But then you’re not cost cutting. That was the whole point in this change.

6 Likes

Which proves that this is yet again a stupid idea by Viacom to cut budgets for 10. Nothing would make sense when they moved their local productions elsewhere and whilst the budget is now lean, the quality is rubbish.

Although at least that would still be a somewhat better outcome than axing local presenters like Bec Morse, Georgina Lewis, Will Goodings and Jonathan Williams, not to mention Michael Schultz and Tim Gossage.

Oh well their ship has sailed and won’t come back.

1 Like

You know the bulletin was also presented out of Melbourne back then right?
They tried a little harder than they do now, but it was presented out of a shoebox by presenters that weren’t exactly locals.

5 Likes

While he wasn’t a native resident of the city, it’s to my understanding that George Donikian had been a presenter of Ten’s Adelaide news for a while before production (originally) moved to Melbourne.

Correct, along with his co anchors at the time.

Just to note, the “shoebox” is the same current studio.

News out of Melbourne at the time was pretty good as sport and weather was local out of North Adelaide and then Hutt Street, Kelly Nestor and George (mostly) were dedicated readers for the city and they flew them back pretty often to do community events like the Royal Show. We also got some local weekend bulletins too as Ten had the footy rights.
News was also live!

Give me that version of Adelaide news out of Melbourne any day compared to the inferior product they have now.

7 Likes