Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Obviously, but would 10 really want to risk moving their star presenter off the Sydney bulletin for a late bulletin which may not even last? At a minimum, see how the late bulletin rates over a few months before moving her to it.

2 Likes

Or she does both (either recording early in the evening in place of the Queensland bulletin or she stays later and drops to four days a week or whatever agreement they reach).

The fact they are going to pre-record it clearly indicates that it will use 5pm resources rather than having people stay back into the night. It doesn’t make much sense to me that you’d have a dedicated presenter for a digital-first, pre-recorded late news bulletin.

Maybe they will replicate the Nine model and Perth will produce it at 6pm their time (8-9pm east coast time) presented by Natalie Forrest?

2 Likes

But I mean she’s almost 60 now, she’s probably gotten used to enjoying being home by 7pm to spend the evening with hubby. Love her to bits but maybe time for the next Sandra Sully to come through.

5 Likes

A bit of a wildcard on the presenter bingo but Lisa Wilkinson is still in contract with 10, is she not? They did mention they’d work with her to find other projects though that was likely just PR spin.

Absolutely not. Lisa is done in TV.

I would suspect that Ten will be keeping Ms Wilkinson to a low/non-existent profile for the forseeable future.

1 Like

lol no

1 Like

Was there any official announcement saying as such? I don’t remember seeing one

I don’t think it’s the sort of thing you’d put out an official announcement for

1 Like

Former Sky News journalist Lucy Gray has joined the 10 Canberra Bureau, she reported during last nights bulletin and again on Midday today.

https://x.com/lucypgray/status/1711956436685832320?s=46&t=RPKXX3QJ5bwM_6c5rMb0SA

https://x.com/10newsfirst/status/1712382947917979786?s=46&t=RPKXX3QJ5bwM_6c5rMb0SA

1 Like

Finally a replacement for Stella Todorovic to beef up the Canberra bureau.

1 Like

I don’t mean an announcement from 10 but maybe one of the gossip mags might have had something

I respect that she may not want to. But, maybe she does. Maybe she doesn’t like doing two bulletins all afternoon either. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

To get any traction, 10 needs Sandra to front a national late news. The ‘next’ Sandra Sully will not bring in eyeballs and then 10’s only hope for it to work will be to localise the late bulletin (which we know is less likely).

1 Like

The local bulletins don’t rate at 5pm, what makes people think they’ll rate at 9:30pm?

Local news is the point of difference later at night. At 5pm, 10 used to be unique in offering local news first. Now it’s sandwiched between or competing with better resourced alternatives on the commercials.

2 Likes

Local news is a point of difference at 5pm too. There’s no competition there. It still doesn’t rate.

Maybe every state will pre-record their own late bulletin at 6pm, would cost them nothing to replace half an hour of live broadcast with half an hour to tape.

1 Like

Doubt it. Cheaper to do one or maybe two.

Lachlan Kennedy presenting the weekend news tonight.

8 Likes

Wednesday (18.10.2023): Hugh Riminton is presenting in Sydney/Brisbane.

4 Likes