Ten News First Presenters and Reporters

Friday (18.08.2023): Hugh Riminton back presenting for Sydney/Brisbane

2 Likes

Away twice in one week?

1 Like

Sandra is possibly at the Kennedy Awards tonight.

1 Like

Do you never take multiple days of annual leave?

2 Likes

Confirmed:

The gang @10NewsFirst celebrating all things #journalism @kennedyawards pic.twitter.com/mDg1KZ8z75

— Sandra Sully 📺🎧📲🏑🌺 (@Sandra_Sully) August 19, 2023
3 Likes

Yes I saw that too. Disregard anything I said earlier

1 Like

I have but they’ve been consecutive

1 Like

Not sure if it was mentioned, but going through old videos, I noticed that Josh Holt is celebrating 10 years with the network this month.

His first weather report for 10 Brisbane 5 Aug 2013.

And here he is reading the news later in the year

11 Likes

Josh has improved dramatically since those early days.

3 Likes

I miss that theme.

7 Likes

Sandra likely away again this week as she is at the Brisbane Fashion Festival according to Instagram

4 Likes

Confirmed - Hugh Riminton is presenting the Sydney/Brisbane bulletin tonight.

3 Likes

I have really noticed over the past 2/3 Channel 10 has no care for consistency. You would never see 9 or 7’s big presenters miss bulletins during ratings period for events like Fashion week.

1 Like

Not true, presenters are often away and have obligations outside of news. Also Sandra has been with 10 for 30+ years so she’s afforded herself days off here and there without need for commentary.

10 are a media partner of Brisbane Fashion Week, so makes sense to have Sandra there and Hugh is a more than capable fill-in presenter so it’s really a non issue.

4 Likes

She would also have a lot of LSL that she can use at her discretion.

2 Likes

Jessica Brown presenting tonight’s 10 News First Perth bulletin

9 Likes

I don’t mind the rotating presenters in the case of Sydney (have suggested before they do it with the weekend news).
10 is in the unique position, in Sydney at least, of having very strong fill in presenters in Hugh and Lachlan who would easily be anchoring their own bulletins full time if 10 had enough bulletins to go around.

3 Likes

To be completely honest I have wondered for some time now about why there needs to be presenter consistency at all on any bulletin. I understand that it enhances a channel’s identity but at the end of the day, I’m not sure if many people really care who they get their news from (me being an exception!).

That being said, continued absences for things like this would likely be frowned upon in other industries. Sandra must have loads of annual leave in the bank because I can’t see how it would be possible otherwise

I’m not sure who’s presenting the weather in Melbourne tonight, but I never want to hear her say the word Canberra again, wow

1 Like

Checking 10 play, seems it was regular Melb weather presenter Jayde Cotic. I only heard her say Canberra once, but didn’t hear anything wrong with how she said it?

2 Likes