Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

like Charles Christian - ex Nine and Ten? I’ve always thought he must “just have a head for radio.”

I’ve never ever seen him on air, and he’s been a reporter for at least 20 years!

2 Likes

I have heard him voice a story just recently on Ten

But we have never seen him do a piece to camera.

1 Like

‘Charrrrrles Chrisssstiaaaan’ #annoying

Tom Atkinson, Chris Young, Ryan Daniels (before he started presenting at the desk) and Michael Genovese (before he became a general reporter) are some Perth names that spring to mind.

but have you seen his face? No.

2 Likes

it’s because usually sports stories have enough vision that there’s no reason for them to slot in a piece to camera.

Plus if it’s just a game report, it’s unlikely the reporter voicing the story was actually at the game. They would just be in the newsroom compiling highlights, hence no need or opportunity for a standup.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s the industry standard for sports reports on TV news to be a VO-only job it it’s primarily based on game highlights.

The opportunity for a PTC in sport reports on TV is generally limited to reports that contain more additional footage, such as from press conferences or team training for example.

Charles Christian has been reporting for Ten since around 2010 and I agree!

I have never seen him once.

He also use to report for AFL & as mentioned Nine.

Tended to file Soccer & general sports stories, as well as some NRL since people like Victoria Murphy, Andrew Blow, Paul Cocheraine, Liam Cox, etc departed over the past few years. As well as most Sports Tonight journos in 2011 (Neil Cordy, etc).

Tim Hipsley started presenting in Perth, after Caty Price took a redundancy after 10 years, didn’t he? I know he’s been there for years too.

In Melbourne, Rob Waters is the only original one left (Senior Sports Reporter) & he’s been there since at least the late 90’s? There’s a number if there too.

But yes, Network Ten (out of Melbourne) seems to be suffering lots in its sport department, compared to previous years…

Stephen Quartermain back presenting alongside Candoce Wyatt tonight, on Ten News Melbourne.

Good to see

Georgina Lewis back presenting with Lachlan Kennedy in Brisbane tonight

2 Likes

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:72, topic:168”]
Stephen Quartermain back presenting alongside Candoce Wyatt tonight, on Ten News Melbourne
[/quote] Does TENPlay use your current location for live streams? I have tried to watch Studio 10 live AEDST, as well as Ten News within the time zones, and they didn’t work. Does it happen elsewhere?

[quote=“killy06, post:73, topic:168”]
Georgina Lewis back presenting with Lachlan Kennedy in Brisbane tonight
[/quote] Glad Georgie is back, not the same without her even though Lachlan good. In case anyone is interested next year in Decemeber, Georgie will celebrate 10 years of co-anchoring Ten News Queensland. She joined Ten in 1999.

[quote=“nationalnews, post:74, topic:168”]
Does TENPlay use your current location for live streams? I have tried to watch Studio 10 live AEDST, as well as Ten News within the time zones, and they didn’t work. Does it happen elsewhere?[/quote]

It sure does, are you using the app or website? What did it say, ‘failed to load video?’ I get that sometimes. You just need to keep hitting the play button a couple of times. If you’re using the app on mobile or tablet, I usually just open tenplay in a browser and watch from there.

1 Like

Tenplay no longer state geoblocks. You should be able to watch the Sydney or Melbourne news bulletins at 4pm Qld time if you’re located in Qld. If you keep the stream open you can also watch Family Feud and The Project as they go to air in NSW/VIC.

Studio10 streams based on AEDT.
I often have trouble with the Tenplay app on Apple devices. But opening the Tenplay website in a browser usually works.

2 Likes

Blast that Daylight Saving if you’re outside VIC or NSW eh?

:wink:

Is Natarsha Belling still presenting in Sydney this week?

I believe so, she mentioned on Studio 10 this morning that she was doing the news last night when the news came in on David Bowie’s death.

Leigh Mulligan filed the first report on Ten News in Melbourne tonight, regarding the latest on the Essendon drugs saga.

Great to see him back on sport. Ten covered it well.

2 Likes

Yes I can confirm Natarsha is still solo presenting in Sydney. Tonight, she did a standing intro in front of the video wall (sorry if not the right terminology) for the top story re: Bowie’s passing.

2 Likes

Hugh Riminton back tomorrow.