Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Natasha Belling will be doing a double shift this morning hosting Studio 10 today and then the Sydney News bulletin tonight.

1 Like

That’s a long day. Hopefully, for her sake, it’s a one off for today and not for the whole week.

On Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five Sydney, Natarsha Belling is presenting tonight’s 2016 return bulletin.

Lachlan Kennedy presenting solo in Brisbane tonight, was expecting to see Georgina back now that she’s back from her holidays and the fact he worked right through the break. Veronica presenting sport with Jono still on holidays and Josh back doing weather.

Candice was also solo in Melbourne tonight.

1 Like

I cannot believe Natarsha is pulling double duty every day on studio 10 and ten news.

Ten are so inadequate in their news department.

One was hoping 2016 would bring some expansion but I don’t think there will be any in the horizon. Ineptitude to continue in 2016.

You gotta feel for her, but she obviously wants the work after not having a lot going on since Wake Up finished up a while back. Weekends bulletins and fill in work doesn’t really take advantage of her strengths.

Seems they’re still in partial holiday mode and rushed the local bulletins back to air. Lachlan Kennedy voicing a story this evening in Brisbane about the droughts in outback Queensland.

1 Like

[quote=“cmo, post:48, topic:168”]
I cannot believe Natarsha is pulling double duty every day on studio 10 and ten news.
[/quote] Every Friday Georgie Gardner use to read the news on Today, earlier than Studio 10, and then read Sydney’s Nine News, late than TENFAF. Deborah Knight has also done Today/Nine News Sydney. I though wonder who will anchor on Friday since Belling is suppose to host The Project. Will Sandra or Hugh return?

Who is that presenting sport on TENFAF Adelaide?

Amanda Jason?

Not sure why you feel the need to use the acronym TENFAF, which nobody uses :smirk:

Anyway that appears to be Brett Clappis presenting sport in Adelaide tonight.

2 Likes

Amanda Jason presented in Sydney tonight due to Natarsha hosting The Project.

1 Like

Who was that guy that presented sport on tonight’s weekend news?

Its former Ten Perth presenter/reporter Tim Hipsley who now lives in Sydney.

[quote=“William_C, post:55, topic:168”]
…former Ten Perth presenter/reporter Tim Hipsley [is presenting sport]…
[/quote] Not bad. Glad to see Ten getting a variety of presenters in to present sport instead of just Scott McKinnon. Must say Brad McEwan was by far the best, extremely good with banter, but another person they could get in is Matt White to present either news or sport.

2 Likes

Not sure why Matt White is not used by the news department. It’s not like he lacks experience.

3 Likes

Totally agree with you @nationalnews,Matt should be used on bulletins as a Fill-in after all he has many years of experience.

1 Like

He wasn’t that good. Made a few mistakes.

Out of interest, why do sports reporters often not present to camera or if they do, very rarely?

For example, have heard Tim many times on 10 Perth but tonight was the first time I’ve ever seen him.

1 Like

I know I might be in minority but I don’t mind him

My best guess is that with sports reporting there is plenty of ability to add in vision of things that are happening (i.e. you have a report wrapping a game so there’s vision of the game that can be used or say it’s from a media stand-up at a training session, you can use that vision of players warming up/training to go with whatever grabs you use from players/coaches). In news, the action tends to be a bit more static (you are reacting to an event i.e. a car crash, murder scene etc that you don’t have vision of on tape) and therefore you need a piece to camera to contexualise the event.

As I said at the top, it’s just a guess :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes