Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

So now we start hearing of the journalists who are leaving (when they apparently wouldn’t have been affected)…

9 Likes
6 Likes

I’d be willing to predict that Michael & Chiara won’t be the only reporters to leave 10 News First soon.

So sad how much of the best talent at Network Ten is either leaving or has already left (several presenters of locally produced shows on 10 Peach come to mind), while they’re heavily over-reliant on about 6-8 core presenters for their primetime entertainment programs.

They’re not directly. But if some choose to leave instead of editorial staff being forced out, then that’ll happen.

Yes, very likely that the well established and reported announcement of staff leaving the station will continue as predicted.

1 Like

7 Likes

Intersting insight from Mal Walden in the below. Details his career as well as insights from Ten - Kapalos firing, his retirement and why, current situation, future etc.

Hosted by solo Aaron Ryan which is why I am posting.

7 Likes

Monday 31 August-

Sandra Sully is back presenting in Sydney tonight.

8 Likes

Sandra presented the opener from the desk.

8 Likes

you just made a birthday girl very happy :blush:

2 Likes

No Tim Bailey again tonight. Looks like he’s taken his bat and ball and gone home. Doesn’t want the shame of being sacked and still being on air it would seem. Although dare I say… I’d rather him not be sacked if 10 could have live and local bulletins in all major markets rather than rubbish people will be served up in a few weeks time.

1 Like

No thanks.

5 Likes

haha some may have their opinions but the above isn’t hosted by the usual “people” which is why I pointed that out.

Its an interesting listen.

1 Like

It did just feel weird at the time, as nit picky as it sounds!

I’d rather have live & local bulletins in a few weeks time AND a 10 News First Sydney weather presenter who isn’t Tim Bailey (once he’s gone, yes the focus of attention will be on the quality of your Sydney weather coverage, Nine! :wink:), but sadly that’s not to be.

1 Like

I get your point but sometimes a bad trade off for a better outcome elsewhere is better

1 Like

I don’t think we expected at all the reaction from fellows in the media industry regarding his sacking.

Even though he is a goofball I think he was really the bread and butter of 10 and it will show how gloomy it is there.

I don’t doubt his weather segment was one of the highest rated segments on the news, and wouldn’t be surprised if that was due to his personality, there must be a reason he lasted 23+ years in his role.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s boring without old Tim Bailey atleast most of the country will get to watch Sandra Sully, don’t understand why they couldn’t do the same for Tim.

1 Like

Of course others are entitled to their own opinions, but for some reason I’ve never been able to warm to Tim Bailey’s presenting style.

Perhaps it’s because Tim has often acted inappropriately during the weather (the dog, the carrying on like a pork chop during severe conditions that people have died in), while other Sydney TV news talent known for their quirky, off-beat reporting styles like Nine’s Mike Dalton and ex-Ten/Seven reporter Damien Smith have occasionally shown a more compassionate side during their reporting.

Then there’s Tim’s conduct on social media…some of the tweets I’ve seen directed towards Nine News Sydney reporters (most notably, calling a Sydney to Hobart reporter “drunk”, slamming Mike Dalton for mispronouncing “Narrabeen” and calling Tom Steinfort “a fraud”) make me hope that he’ll never be welcome to join the market’s highest rating news service.

I think your overselling Sully.

1 Like