Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Saturday 22 February & Sunday 23 February-

Emma Lawrence is presenting sport on national bulletin this weekend.

3 Likes

Sunday (23.02.2020): Alan Murrell is presenting a special bulletin tonight from ADS, airing in Brisbane and Adelaide.

Caroline O’Dea is presenting the weather and Max Burford on sport.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Shame she is leaving. She was one of their best.

12 Likes

Agreed but as I’m sure we all know by now, most Ten Sydney reporters seem to use their postion there as a stepping stone for bigger and better things.

Given the amount of reporters they’ve lost (whether via mass sackings due to cutbacks or people moving to other networks, etc.) it surprises me that they’ve somehow managed to hold onto Daniel Sutton who I think may actually be the most senior on-air face at Ten Sydney after Angela Bishop and the presenters - surely the other Sydney newsrooms have expressed interest in picking up Dan’s services over the years?

SBS not exactly bigger and better. Credibility wise yes it’s better but minor opportunities there.

Hopefully they can get someone decent to replace Catalina rather some rookie from a regional network.

1 Like

Fair point, but what are the ratings of SBS across all five metro markets (let alone nationally) compared to 10 News First in just the Sydney market? My guess would be probably about the same!

Surely there is someone from one of Nine or ABC that would be worthy to replace a great reporter in Catalina?

How about one of the former reporters that used to report for 10 like Adam Todd or Matt Gallant or John Hill? That would certainly return some familiarity and credibility.

2 Likes

Monday 24 February to Thursday 27 February-

Gillian Bowen presented Finance.

1 Like

Thursday (27.02.2020): Georgina Hill is presenting Brisbane’s weather tonight.

3 Likes

I agree. Why would you want to go to a network whose bulletin rates much less than 10’s?
Catalina’s departure shows 10 has a staff retention problem. It should be the destination for journalists.

I don’t agree with that, just because someone leaves at network it doesn’t mean there is an instant culture issue or the network has retention issues. She wanted change, she left. Simple as that.

6 Likes

Staff retention problem? I don’t agree, 7 years is a fair amount of time with any employer - let alone one with as much colourful history as 10 does.

1 Like

Is Daniel Sutton 10’s only political reporter in Canberra at the moment? Catalina could have shared the workload.

I thought Sutton and Catalina were both in Sydney.

4 Likes

He’s not in Canberra.

They’ve got Tegan George & Amber Austin-Wright, along with PVO during sitting weeks I believe.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info Killy. I forgot about PVO.

Nah, my source says things are pretty good.

1 Like

People change employers for all sorts of reasons. Ratings possibly have little to do with it.

6 Likes

Her new role at SBS could be more senior, flexible or allow her to pursue certain lines of interest.

Going somewhere smaller can give more scope for growth.

3 Likes