Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Lee is very experienced presenting having done so many times at 9 Perth. She was one who was shafted badly when they started making all their changes. Which was unfair imo.

2 Likes

I thought he left. Great to have him back nonetheless, he is a good anchor.

3 Likes

I think the last time Mike regularly presented in studio were the last lot of major cuts to the news department.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Caty and Georgia can learn a lot from Jen with her stellar career in the media.
I know during her time at Seven some young female reporter’s looked up to Jen as a sort of mentor.
It is great to have all female team on our screens in Melbourne for the next few weeks.

6 Likes

Is he still at Ten Adelaide, wow.

1 Like

It’s fantastic to see all Ten’s news at five anchors in the 5 markets are women… There were times were that would never of happened. Great to see how far we’ve come.

8 Likes

Yep it’s great. But I’d love to see the new generation of male anchors nurtured too. A quick scan through the days news broadcasts reveals they are few and far between.

3 Likes

Also, hey Ten. You’ve got two icons of newsreading - Sandra Sully and Jennifer Keyte - on your books. Time to start going hard on promotion or even move your assets to primetime. Come home to Jen / Sandra.

You could even do a two-hander multi-city afternoon broadcast leading up to it. A newsroom based look-what-we’re-planning-for-tonight bulletin.

4 Likes

I’m still curious as to who’s at home by 5pm to watch the news …

Parents after school pick up…males and females

Sydney reporter Daniel Sutton is reporting from Thailand on the cave rescue story.
He filed a report for Studio 10 this morning.

3 Likes

Impressive reporting from Daniel Sutton in Thailand.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, my heart kinda stopped when I started reading that.

Looks like Sandra is off on holidays for 2 weeks, presumably to coincide with NSW school holidays.
I wonder if Bails has scored her a free stay in rippin Rarotonga? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

All that does is beg the question as to why Tim Bailey is still polluting our screens.

3 Likes

Now that Mark Humphries is part of the Ten family, perhaps he can convince his father to come out of retirement and join Ten News as their new weatherman. Loved Allan Humphries presenting weather and rural reports on the ABC back in the day.

3 Likes

You’re too harsh. Give the man some respect. He’s survived in an industry known for short tenure. Good on him. Just stop and think for a second - Ten are a commercial enterprise and they keep hiring him for a reason.

6 Likes

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but even as someone who’ll often look forward to Mike Dalton’s reports on Nine, I much prefer forecasters which tell us what we need to know with discussion that’s relevant (eg, looking at long term trends) to the weather.

Again I probably should point out that I don’t strongly dislike Tim Bailey as a person per say, but rather his On-Air Presentation style…particularly for often spending 2-3 minutes on irrelevant/non-weather commentary while sometimes having to rush through the forecast so Ten can end the bulletin on time (and there’s even been few occasions in the past when they’ve faded out early)!

Yes, we know.