Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

To be honest, I can see where they’re going with News First. But it’s just a little clunky. To be honest, I would have dumped 10 from the name altogether. Just call their output NewsFirst.

Make it similar to Newshub in NZ. A true Multiplatform product. Position NewsFirst is your brand now for news, on TV, online, on social and everywhere else. But that would require walking back Ten Daily etc.

7 Likes

I also hate the way they literally butcher the 10 logo in the news intro. Can you get a nicer entrance animation? Animate the 10 logo stylishly, but not cut up!!

1 Like

News First isn’t quite that original to be honest, Sri Lankan Cable News got there first!

1 Like

Also, Seven and Nine are just going to hammer home over and over again just what a crock 10 News First is - they’re going to go hard selling their efforts with Nine News Now and 5am news and Today and local news at 4 and on and on. They will try to make 10 News First a laughing stock.

5 Likes

I like 10: News First

But they really need to back that up somehow.

A more “newsy” breakfast show, and a 6pm bulletin that is 30 mins, with news first, not fluff pieces like 9 and 7

3 Likes

:thinking: Recorded this overnight, not a big fan of the new theme TBH! It doesn’t sound as classy as the now former Eyewitness News theme collaboration from soundthinking + The DA’s Office. Sure, the new one is faster paced but it just all sounds the same to me after the Ten News signature. :frowning:

19 Likes

I agree, there’s no Ten individual identity in there aside from the signature at the end. It reminds me of a soundtrack from an action movie in this cap. A guy on the run trying to beat the baddies…
It’s very American and screams those “LIVE ACTION NEWS” bulletins they brand over there.

They have lost a good thing imo at this stage. BUT I’ll wait to see it on air. That weather theme could be just a headline bed loop.

4 Likes

I like it.

1 Like

I think even the first updates had more of the signature in them.

1 Like

I like how it’s fast paced. Will still be one of the best on FTA once we hear the whole loop, I reckon.
Won’t beat the previous theme tho.

6 Likes

Yeah agreee completely. The old theme had class. This is good but just lacks that individuality that the old theme had.

I really like the concept of 10 News First. It’s very different to anything seen in Australia before.
I’m excited to see where they take the concept.

10 Likes

Love the new rebrand overall, very fresh and sleek. Very similar to the +HR=E rebrand in NZ, with an added plus, The Fact you don’t have to solve an algebra equation while reading the logo. Very fresh, well done 10.

1 Like

I’l just say again. I hate the way the “10” is cut in pieces when it animates. Can you please get a nicer animation?! I also hate the way the map zooms. The globe theme is nice but can you make it slicker?

It has grown on me. I’ve just gotten so used to Eyewitness News.
The update opener is pretty slick.

It needs a few splices around that globe imaging, rather than one continuous (and slightly awkward) animation.

The Ten News First QLD twitter account has been changed over but the handle is still @tennewsqld and the Facebook account hasn’t been changed at all yet whereas it looks like all others have.

3 Likes

Nabbed a newsy image from the principals blurb noted by Shiruba98’s post on the other thread…
…some imagination required.

10newsymcnewsface

4 Likes

Yep. This is how I imagined it. Looks nice. No skyline. And no more ugly 3-plasma backdrops hopefully - yuk.

1 Like
4 Likes

When the now old version first launched, I instantly thought it was the best news theme Ten (and possibly Australian TV) has ever had. This opinion hasn’t changed.

Really…if it wasn’t for the four note signature, I would’ve thought this music taken from an action movie rather than the new theme for Ten News First! :open_mouth:

2 Likes