Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Agree with the way they’re currently presenting it being grammatically weird. ‘News First’ or ‘Sydney’s News First’ (for example), that happens to be the news service of channel 10, works as a band and potentially a brand with longevity for other mediums but ‘10 News First’ doesn’t make a lot of sense.

1 Like

I’ve got it.

Ten News First… except from 6pm to 5pm and on weekends.

5 Likes

They can spin it all they want. Call it the “brand” name. It still makes zero sense to me. I’m not an unintelligent person. I genuinely don’t understand the first bit.

5 Likes

The “first” news you get on Ten?

If that’s the case, it’d be called 10 News Only. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would personally prefer 10 News First at Five, but then again who is even first these days?? Our main TV channels have so much news throughout the whole day no one is really first.

The graphics I actually don’t mind so far from what is seen. The only thing I am not the biggest fan on is the globe set background. But obviously more will be revealed tomorrow so I think this is a taste of what to come and I’m excited.

2 Likes

Those updates are fantastic. Can’t wait to see the full bulletins. Well done 10.

5 Likes

I think we have dropped that in favor of reporter name. Newshub or prime news

2 Likes

“[reporter name], News First.”

So it might be used in speech similar to “Newshub” in NZ. The logo will have 10 on it but the brand itself will just be “News First”?

1 Like

If they needed a brand for the news, I’m not sure why they just didn’t use “Ten News Daily” as the brand and completely tie it in with their online presence. “News First” is just confusing and meaningless.

4 Likes

At least they finally sped the theme up.

3 Likes

10 News First Perth Update just aired. Also got the national background. So it’ll be interesting to see tomorrow’s relaunch in full.

Have we had a news relaunch after a bulletin aired in the past?

5 Likes

They want to own the term First. I get it. I get it. They just really need a presence to be at least half-believable.

(I’d suggest a morning rolling news from 5:30 at the least.)

1 Like

This white and textured backdrop version of the new 10 news logo looks so much better than the light blue IMO.

If perhaps the logo was black instead of blue with some grey I reckon it would look so much better and be a nice change from the blue/red tones of 7 & 9.

The light blue version just doesn’t suit an evening news service, perhaps if it was for a breakfast news service (which it clearly isn’t) that might be different.

4 Likes

And Stephen Quartermain is wearing glasses for the first time on TV!

Not quite. He has been wearing them for a while.

4 Likes

He’s worn them before IIRC.

New flag mic seen here, great that they were able to give it to Candice before she flew out.

Appears two sides say 10, the other two say ‘News First’.

3 Likes

Perth still hasn’t updated their Twitter to the new look :confused: