Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

4 Likes

When the now old version first launched, I instantly thought it was the best news theme Ten (and possibly Australian TV) has ever had. This opinion hasn’t changed.

Really…if it wasn’t for the four note signature, I would’ve thought this music taken from an action movie rather than the new theme for Ten News First! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Geoff Parry from Seven Perth would be lapping up the new sign off if he was on 10. Known for his signature pause in between his name and the news brand.

The original concept differs from the branding seen in the update.

13 Likes

At 60min a day of news how can they claim to be first at anything?

Surely as a content creator Ten would be wanting more from a whole division than 1 hour per day.

4 Likes

The division is approximately 50% smaller than in 2013 and about 70% smaller than in 2011.

Until they employ the staff to suggest they want more than 1 hour a day, this is it.

I thought they hired back a high number of staff (200 IIRC) over this last year?

1 Like

All in the Sales division (recruited back from MCN). News is back to 2014 levels, replacing staff who left during administration.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Look at what is to come in terms of graphics in Perth.

11 Likes

Perth would do well to ditch the three screen setup. It still doesn’t work when including the shape of the main backdrop behind it. Incorporate them into the main backdrop somehow.

4 Likes

Those concept images look better than what they’ve ended up with. The globe in the Ten logo looks pretty good.

3 Likes

Brisbane update this afternoon

3 Likes

I think I’ve just realised why I don’t like the look they’ve gone for with Ten News First…

Reminds me of the very early Studio 10 look and package, which I wasn’t a fan of at all.

Also the 10 News First logo in a circle like that reminds me of Breakfast News new package too.

4 Likes

Can all markets please copy the brisbane layout for updates? It looks so much better!

2 Likes

This whole package is really growing on me!

1 Like

I love every bit of these afternoon updates!

4 Likes

Feels like Brisbane has got it right in every way.

1 Like

The Ten News Footage watermark is way less intrusive.

Looking forward to Josh’s weather update.

1 Like

Exclusive

4 Likes