Ten News First Content and Appearance

The news brand is so damaged with a tiny audience so a different name/brand would’ve probably been a better option.

Despite that, a 10 News branded site would’ve had the same outcome anyway but probably closed quicker.

Never heard anyone be like “Oh, did you see this story on 10 News First?”

Perhaps an integrated multi-platform offering, under the one 10 news brand, might have helped them build credibility over time (rather than fragmenting over two brands). It would be a hard slog but if they developed decent content and got it on Google News etc, it would slowly build.

Still, the other option is/was to look at partnering with other online news organisations and sharing content rather than going it alone from scratch. Or, I think its been mentioned before, - a NZ type NewsHub model.

Anyway, its 10. We can always hope but I doubt they’ll ever do anything to diversify.

2 Likes

Some adjustments have been noted to the last 2 nights. After Wednesday night’s low ratings result, Thursday and Friday bulletins for 10 Queensland have seen all local news items appear first between 5 and 6pm.

2 Likes

Perth tonight

9 Likes

Nest Saturday 10 News First will be at 6pm in Sydney and Melbourne, 5:30pm in Adelaide and 5:00pm in Brisbane and Perth due to Bathurst 1000 coverage.

1 Like

Will they all be an hour?

Yes 1 hour

I forgot that Michael moved across to 10 for the racing, and it’s nice to see Hutchy read the sport, did a great job

1 Like

I believe you’re referring to Lachy Reid?

but I guess the news will be at 5pm on Bold for the Sunday of the supercharged Bathurst 1000.

My mistake. Was a quick scroll by

1 Like

Looks like… 5pm on Bold for Sydney and Melbourne for an hour. 5.30/6pm Brisbane/Adelaide for 30 minutes and 5-6.30 likely for Perth

1 Like

News schedule

Seriously?? They couldn’t bump junk at 6 for the news on the main channel?

1 Like

Lachlan Kennedy at the desk tonight having a chat to Sandra about Gladys. 10 news at its best.

8 Likes

Riveting television for Queensland viewers tonight. First up, 3 NSW stories and 2 NSW lives.

1 Like

I’ve never really understood the point of having someone else at the desk in breaking news - what can an additional person offer than Sandra can’t just tell the audience herself?

You could make the same argument behind news packages, why don’t they just do live reads for all stories, seeing as Sandra can just read them herself?

I think it provides authority behind the story - Lachlan has been across the story all day and can analyse it more in depth and provide more context than Sandra can. It helps to also add voice variety.

6 Likes

9 do it quite regularly here in Sydney.

Why the hell would qld get any of this in their bulletin? Surely they should’ve had their election campaign as the major opening story.

1 Like