Ten News First Content and Appearance

They did, George would usually host it for both markets, sometimes combined, sometimes separate.

5 Likes

Indeed, from the Melbourne set for both markets and different from Adelaide’s normal set at the time. In that era we all thought some local weekend news was an achievement after axing local weekend bulletins entirely in the… early 90s, I think?

These days… just grateful anything local, or indeed national, is still on air at all.

3 Likes

Josh did a report from the desk at midday

5 Likes

Also, Doodie on a train interviewing Elvis impersonators at the start of the bulletin and at the desk by the end of it showing random ‘feel good’ videos from the internet. Suppose it’s possible to get from Central or wherever he was to Pyrmont (22 minutes) though might have been a bit of look-live pre recording going on.

Ange also on the desk doing entertainment per usual.

‘Midday’ today felt a bit like a mini news/studio 10 hybrid though I don’t mind it for a daytime format.

2 Likes

Daniel Doodie’s segment was pre-recorded without a LIVE bug and there was no live cross split screen.

4 Likes

7 Likes

10 sticking with a 60 minute Sunday bulletin

6 Likes
1 Like

In a wide-ranging interview with 10 News First's Narelda Jacobs, Francesca Albanese - the UN's Special Rapporteur on the Occupied Palestinian Territories - spoke on the Australian Government's response to the terrors in Gaza, as well as Foreign Minister Penny Wong's currently… pic.twitter.com/SQ3oS2CHR6

— 10 News First (@10NewsFirst) January 15, 2024

Watch the full interview exclusively on 10 News First Midday today.

3 Likes

From the Football set

So I never care too much about the presenters but I have to say I find Chris Bath really easy to listen to compared to some of the others, it’s a shame she isn’t on all that much anymore.

8 Likes

Seems like some system upgrades happened yesterday in Sydney.
All titlecards and fullscreens are now in HD - on Wednesday they were still SD.

Wednesday:

Today (including some great longshots):

No change in Melbourne:

9 Likes

Sydney opener

9 Likes

That platform is looking a little worse for wear.

With Studio 10 axed it would be great to see them replace the desk with something a bit newsier.

7 Likes

Agree, would love to see the desk and couch combo replaced now that it’s been a number of years. Would really refresh the look of the studio.

3 Likes

Melbourne’s set is now 10 years old. Am I right in saying it’s now the 2nd oldest after 7 Queensland?

2 Likes

Oldest current desk now as Queensland’s had an upgrade.

2 Likes

They could afford to refresh the platform too now it shouldn’t need to be moved as much. Yes agree re desk and do they need a couch now? What for?

3 Likes

They probably mean Regional QLD (Same set since 2002 with some tweaks).

3 Likes

I’d love to see them return to dark flooring. That would make the set extremely moody.
As for the desk, it’s still one of my favourite desks - I’d just freshen up its riser and clean up any of the tired parts of the set.

11 Likes