Ten News First Content and Appearance

it’s probably gonna be the same exact formula as the 10 News First Breakfast promo, which i hope is not the case :confused:

5 Likes

They need to promote it all in primetime, especially the late news. Have presenters mention the late news in the evening updates when it starts as well.

6 Likes

Up in QLD for holidays and first time I’ve had the unfortunate experience of watching this ridiculous bulletin. It’s a “nothing” bulletin. No sense of really anything in terms of local or live. It’s like they just go through the motions with a sense of distance from their audience.

3 Likes

What replace the 6pm news on Sundays? Deal? Or will it stay at 90 mins?

Just to provide clarification because it’s been asked in the presenters thread too:

We currently don’t have enough details about:

• 6pm: Sunday schedule (assuming similar to Saturday), start date
  • 3.30 Afternoons: Start date
  • Late news: host, start date
6 Likes

Was there any news updates to lead into midday today?

2 Likes

No.

2 Likes

I really think they should be producing news updates throughout the morning, at a minimum.

3 Likes

There is a great news magazine / show in Spain called “Spain direct” I think it airs 7-8pm

It’s basically the days news and a live window on Spain during that hour. It’s not just live news but live crosses to events and things happen in Spain live at that moment

It is energetic fast paced dynamic and cool

10 should abandon its second rate half ass attempt at local news and do a show like “Australia Live” every day at 5

A live national faced paced newscast with live crosses all over the nation and a live look window on the what’s happening at the very moment in oz

Do something original different and dynamic

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see how The Midday Bulletin now goes without a Studio 10 lead in.

3 Likes

national = 3 or 4 to Sydney, a few to Melbourne and Canberra, one to Brisbane. Bam, that’s nation.

3 Likes

Yes, great idea! Call it “Live At Five” and get Terry Willesee and Jo Pearson to host. What could go wrong?

1 Like

We have raised this question before. And we know its definitely the case for reginal licences but I think there must be an agreement in the television licences that local news (or local production) must be produced in all 5 mainland cities.

Like others, I’m surprised 10 hasn’t yet gone down the national path and centralised its news. Especially with numbers the way they are.

1 Like

There is no such law.

2 Likes

Local news could still be king with advertising and sales teams. This could also drive the need for local news to remain in each market.

For 7 and 9 yes.

But not for 10.

The product brand and awareness is too weak.

Advertisers on 10 are buying celebrity survivor goggle box masterchef masked singer and cheap seats.

Not 10 News Brisbane

1 Like

So why is 10 pursing with local news?

Probably to avoid (we’ll delay) the PR fallout

But like axing lateline, the drum etc.

When 10 axes local news - it will only be news for a week

exactly… people act outraged but don’t do anything about it.

1 Like

I don’t know… I feel there has to be more benefit for them to keep local news in place. If not, they would have vacated this commitment a few years back.