Ten News First Content and Appearance

Melbourne now has live traffic and weather reports within the second block.

2 Likes

No wideshot for the Adelaide opener. Looks like they’re doing Nine News Regional-sequel setup.

Edit: They’re using OTS graphics for the opening story so that’s something I guess.

4 Likes

Adelaide.

Cross to Adelaide news room

Live cross

Earlier

11 Likes

Wonder if it’s a case of being green screen until the new financial year then maybe a small physical set?

5 Likes

Every story was in the first segment was South Australian with 2 exclusives. Cross to a preview of sport before the break.

Second segment is a mix of national and international so far.

6 Likes

Yeah I reckon we could see an upgrade

Gotta say though given the small space they seem to have it actually doesn’t look that bad

9 Likes

Live weather in the second segment with the SA Premier Peter Malinauskas at his home.

8 Likes

Actually looks good from this angle! Looks like a mimic of the Sydney set but on a much cheaper scale. Yes it may not look as good as the Sydney set but looks great for a green screen. I hope NND do something similar with a mimic of the national set, replacing the screen with a bigger one and a desk similar to NBN’s.

13 Likes

I don’t think they’ll do it in Sydney.

If the Adelaide bulletin is successful, I think there is a better chance she’ll move back home permanently to Adelaide in the next year or two. 10 might then invest in a studio and set there. Only speculation.

Yes and no.

I wouldn’t bother - no way to integrate the other 2 presenters who aren’t there.

Why though?

1 Like

Why even do anything Lexington? Great question :+1:

After the first segment featured SA stories exclusively, the rest have been very varied containing at least some local stories in each. There was a brief headline recap after 30 mins before some more local stories. Sport follows.

And weather from the Premier’s home.

6 Likes

Max is very well liked within 10. He’s also a lovely guy. Will be very interesting to see where he is in a few years time.

6 Likes

Overall it’s a very good bulletin for a small market. It’s hyper local with three decent presenters. It’s a shame they couldn’t do something like this to begin with rather than gutting the place.

Now we need Brisbane to have something like this. Won’t happen I don’t think given the ratings hardly changed with that change.

6 Likes

Overall it was great to see a proper live and local bulletin in Melbourne. Essentially felt exactly as it did in 2020 - as it should.

I’m surprised 10 went to the effort they did with Adelaide having green screened OTS graphics - and it looks pretty decent given their circumstances.
Thought it would’ve been a Nine News Darwin situation with 1 angle - take note Nine.

4 Likes

I worry what they’ve done won’t be enough to undo the damage caused when they gutted it last time. The gap 9 News at 5 has over 10 is quite large some nights.

3 Likes

Wasn’t a bad bulletin, far better than what I imagined it to be. I am keen to see how it rates however.

Also great get with the Premier for the weather, quite a good look to see the main man supporting the new product too.

1 Like

I’m sure 10 will be looking closely at this bulletin’s ratings over the next few months and decide if its viable to do the same for Brisbane.

It will be quite a slug though - they’re going to need to go hard on promotion to gain some traction.

7 Likes

I many ways I prefer the simple style to other bulletins. Perhaps it is nostalgia, but to me is says that you don’t need a flashy set, standing presentations, live crosses for every story and sensationalist presentation to make a good solid local bulletin. It really comes down to well presented interesting and relevant content.

12 Likes

Now all they need to do is bring back Mike Larkan.