Ten News First Content and Appearance

Having met Max he’s a lovely guy and passionate about what he does, doesn’t hurt he’s also easy on the eye as well….

1 Like

A shame Kate won’t be “relaxing” any time soon. Nice to see they went to some effort for the promo- unlike the breakfast and midday ones- but unfortunately there is something very insincere about their delivery.

The bulletin should have been on air whilst Nine’s was on hiatus, even if Kate wasn’t available. They missed their chance to launch with clear air and ‘force’ some viewers to sample their offering. They have only made things harder for themselves by starting behind the eight ball.

5 Likes

Well it looks like there will be some sort of presenting space reinstated back in Adelaide. That’s a start.

Looking forward to how they do this next week.

1 Like

Yep - assume they just couldn’t pull it together in time and still cater for everyone’s Christmas leave etc without it costing them extra $$$. Unfortunate but very 10.

agree. feels extremely insincere - a huge issue when you are trying to build trust / connection.

1 Like

So will the main presenter be presenting from Sydney or Adelaide?

Sydney, sport and weather done out of Adelaide. The press release did mention that Kate will on occasions be in Adelaide presenting locally, if that actually happens.

2 Likes

Sport is being done in Adelaide

1 Like

That’s what I said!

1 Like

i was responding to the guy above, didn’t see your post

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see the studio set up in Sydney, whether they give Adelaide a glorified TOSS along the lines of Nine News Local, or if they’ll get something half decent like 7/9 Gold Coast.

1 Like

I wonder if Ten kept their old 3 screen set they had in Sydney before they got the new set four years ago. Maybe they will use that.

2 Likes

I think they need up using the two big screens on the left side of the new set, if I remember reading correctly. Those two were recently replaced with new screens though, maybe they’re being recycled again.

2 Likes

Nah they are different. The ones from the Sydney 3 screen setup were incredibly burnt out. If anything they get used as backdrops in the main studio for the project etc

1 Like

The previous Adelaide set may have been shipped over to Sydney?

The skeleton perhaps, but I doubt they kept the light boxes. Will probably use those burnt out screens from the Sydney set.

2 Likes

Or even dare I say it…… green screen? Even cheaper……

6 Likes

Or maybe they’ve spent some money :moneybag:

I love the reception 10 get here now.
They release a promo and you still all bag them for it.

Admittedly their brand is not looking good at the moment, but they’re pretty much the no-frills home brand of news services at this stage, what do you actually expect?

No one actually looks at the other side of the coin, and recognise that for the resources they do have, they use them well - pulling off ‘localised’ bulletins for multiple time zones out of the same studio spaces for the last few years is bloody impressive.

Let’s give the big noting a rest and not talk crap about sets we haven’t even seen yet.

14 Likes

I agree. I am glad 10 are not exact clones of Seven/Nine and are the different ones. Just because they are not the exact same doesn’t mean they are bad. Be grateful Adelaide is getting a new bulletin instead of a combined one.

And besides, as you said @crossroads it is impressive 10 are doing multiple localised bulletins out of the same studio. We should be grateful 10 didn’t do the 5 route and axe The Project, Studio 10 and axe local bulletins in favour of a 30-minute national one.

1 Like