Ten News First Content and Appearance

I do miss the former Ten News in its glory day. I think they should invest in a late news service like 9 and 10 have.

5 Likes

Don’t see how a late news broadcast can’t happen considering Perth finishes filming at 9.30pm.
Only issue I suppose is keeping reporters in the east onboard till that time of night.

9 Likes

Good breaking news coverage from Ange and Narelda this morning re Lisa Marie Presley’s death,

3 Likes

While reporting the hospitalisation of Lisa Marie Presley, Angela Bishop appeared to get the news of the death in her earpiece. Consummate professional, she continued, speaking unscripted for several minutes. You could hear Narelda’s shock.

10 Likes

Beat me to it. Seems that 10 were the first with the news of her death. Seven had it in a news update at 1pm.
10 dedicated the final 15 minutes of the bulletin to her death.

Honestly really enjoying this bulletin so far. I’ve never been one to watch 7/9 Morning news but midday is the perfect time at lunch, and Narelda is perfect for it.

As I’ve mentioned, minor things to improve but overall it’s well done.

Any numbers yet on how it’s rating @TV.Cynic?

3 Likes

You wonder if it’s doing the Dr Phil numbers? If it is then it’s holding its own. If it’s dropping significantly from the Dr Phil numbers then it might be a disaster. Years ago Dr Phil did quite well. Who knows these days?

1 Like

Perth getting our own midday news. Narelda started it with “Kaya Perth. Here’s what is making news” with Lisa Marie the top story.

13 Likes

That’s great 10 can be so flexible when needed for breaking news into Perth.

So that’s airing 3pm AEDT. Will make the Brisbane prerecords tight. Whilst this is an admirable update with a local bulletin, this network is a schamozzle with how it operates its news division.

That’s great that Seven and Ten have local morning news compared to Nine with the 3-hour delay morning news from Sydney.

It might not be a full hour. The Perth Midday edition might be only live for the first block, then takes the east coast edition for the remainder of the bulletin.

5 Likes

The entertainment segment and end of the bulletin were different for the Perth bulletin. Not sure about the middle segments.

1 Like

Quite surprised to see Perth got something local. I’m going to guess they only updated parts of the bulletin and reused interviews etc from the east edition?

3 Likes

Probably because the news with Ang broke literally on air. Couldn’t really replay that 3 hours later.

6 Likes

I mean they could’ve. Nine doesn’t update their morning news for Perth but it’s good that 10 went to the effort.

2 Likes

Yeh I know, running old stories and such, but does it happen often that the actual talking at the desk is breaking news?

Probably not, but any news labelled as “Breaking news” outside of AEDT is technically incorrect.
Also assuming the AEDT bulletin aired in Queensland.

1 Like

I’m guessing they had a story earlier which indicated she was (still) alive - so it made sense for a redo of certain elements.

3 Likes

Good point. Yes the top story at 12PM was she was in hospital.
But what I’m saying is, on Nine Perth their bulletin wouldn’t have had any news of her death - assuming they didn’t rerecord the morning news, so it was good to see 10 put that effort in.

2 Likes

Yes - Queensland had the delayed bulletin.

2 Likes