Ten News First Content and Appearance

10 Likes

That time of the year when the worlds tiniest desk comes out for the last time

14 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ten News and Current Affairs

10’s news started about 5 minutes late after the afternoon’s racing - 6:05 AEDT. The bulletin is live along the east coast and SA.

2 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

Hugh Riminton presenting Midday today.

The VO was “This is 10 News First at Midday” which is interesting considering I’ve heard a generic “This is 10 News First Midday” in the past.

Leading into “This is 10 News First at 10”?

3 Likes

That angle is quite good, wonder what it would look like if for say different bulletins like Late News, they could spin that riser a little to the left to show the control room window and the two vertical screens? Just an idea.

Also, given the set will be approaching its 5th year early next year - I was thinking a simple revamp could be some new vinyl timber look floors in a different shade for the riser areas, new black studio floors and new desk / couch combo which are really starting to show their age.

Would be a relatively simple change to make I would think over a weekend, and they could present the weekend bulletin from Melbourne.

4 Likes

I’d love to see them return to black studio floors. Such a classic 10 look.

But I think Melbourne deserves any $$ first for a revamp.

3 Likes

Imagine if they go with “10 News First at 5” later

Almost going full circle with the names here, we’ll be back to Ten News at Five before you know it

2 Likes

I will mention that the VO was “This is 10 News First, at Midday” - not “10 News, First at Midday”

1 Like

You’d almost think they would right, then they would have distinguished bulletins at Midday, 5pm and 10/10:30pm(ish)

But the fact we’ve seen a titlecard already for 10 Late News (which I don’t hate, it’s really what it was known for during its run) then that says to me that the News branding is a bit confused.

4 Likes

Perhaps though maybe it was just a hastily put together title card for the up-fronts and they’ll put some more thought into what ultimately makes it to air.

2 Likes

Oh for sure anything could happen between now and whenever the bulletin goes to air and I’m sure they’re still working through how it will look etc, though 10 is not usually known for consistency so I won’t hold my breath for anything revolutionary.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Will be interesting to see when 10 launch the new late bulletin, we had Midday from very early January this year, but don’t think we could expect the same for Late News.

I guess it will likely depend on when they start to have DOND episodes available to start in the 6pm timeslot and then they can redirect resources onto the later bulletin.

2 Likes

I suspect Deal won’t start until January 29 at least, so it won’t have to battle the Australian Open and the BBL (though it won’t be on all nights and all cities, and maybe on multis)

2 Likes

Hugh back today.
This time he had a VO “This is 10 News First Midday with Hugh Riminton”

7 Likes

Another new National bulletin launching in 2024, 10 News First Afternoons at 3:30pm.

10 News First Afternoons will be introduced as a national news bulletin at 3:30pm, adding to 10 News Midday hosted by Narelda Jacobs and a recent announcement of a late night bulletin in 2024.

14 Likes

Hmm… I wonder if this will be 1hr leading into Bold and Neighbours gone/ moved to 3pm?

Interesting times.

1 Like