Ten News First Content and Appearance

That was tonight. I missed last night’s bulletin, but going off the caps they led with the lead-up to the NSW polls closing. “NSW has been voting today and we will know a result later” isn’t something I thought was worthy as the top story for markets that specifically exclude NSW.

Tonight’s bulletin was good, though I think SA’s Voice to Parliament should have been in the first segment.

1 Like

Fatal crashes where there is good vision will always get a run. Same with structure fires where there’s vision of flames (especially big flames) or gas cylinder-type explosions.

I once sold vision I’d shot of a controlled burn because I captured an entire hill side licked by flames…

8 Likes

Breaking news backdrop for Adelaide

Sports promo for Perth

5 Likes

Great little promo, simple and effective.

10 Likes

Local Melbourne news this weekend.

10 Likes

Note the various start times for news today

Sydney, Melbourne
06:00 pm 10 News First

Brisbane
05:00 pm 10 News First

Adelaide
05:30 pm 10 News First

Perth
05:00 pm 10 News First

5 Likes

Lucky Melbourne

And the rest of us

Potential for a late start with safety car - 10 laps to go

4 Likes

Will be a late start (except Perth); quite unusual for 10 News to miss its scheduled (if later than usual) time.

Update:

News commenced at 6:11pm AEDT

Melbourne leading with Grand Prix

Sydney with By-election

4 Likes

It is interesting the national bulletin began with a report on a by-election here in eastern Melbourne.

4 Likes

And we haven’t touched on it here until the moment of writing this.

1 Like

There will be a delayed start to today’s news in eastern states due to the late finish to the F1 race in Melbourne. The race was twice red flagged due to crashes.

1 Like

Looks like the news will be delayed again today given the late red flag in the F1 and resumption of the last 2 laps to resume at 4:45pm EST.

On another note… danger alert for viewers in NSW and Qld with the mongrel/Frankenstein fake local bulletin to return. It is virtually identical to both markets save for the pre recorded local window. Once it resumes live it’s the same content to both states with that rubbish hybrid sport bulletin and the combined weather at 6:25. It really is the worst 6 months on 10 for both states.

5 Likes

FFS, really thought they would have made plans for separate bulletins by now.

1 Like

Another red flag :red_square:

2 Likes

Yes more delays. I wonder if 10 will get a small boost to the news or are many free to air viewers on the AFL and NRL this afternoon.

1 Like

The news will get a small boost but 10 will miss out on the Podium coverage that is often the day’s top rated segment of the race. The overall average rating for the race will probably be impacted as well.

1 Like

Plus of course no lead in Perth as it’s only 3:11pm WST.

1 Like

That would continue on 10Bold?

10 Bold currently has football.

1 Like

Then on 10Peach?