Ten News First Content and Appearance

Not hard given the set is the same essentially in Melbourne and Perth.

3 Likes

Sunday special NSW bulletin again

The rest …

11 Likes

Should be worth a mention, as crap as 10’s News service is, I do for some reason quite enjoy seeing Candice, Caty and Jayde. Even if they are all quite average presenters by themselves, they’re a great team together.

I agree. I quite enjoy Candice as a presenter. She’s improved a lot since she first began anchoring in 2014.

3 Likes

There’s something about Candice that still grates on me. I think she is trying too hard to sound authoritative every time she presents which makes her sound quite unnecessarily dramatic.

She can improve by being more natural and less robotic.

4 Likes

Agreed, the other two are very natural which I enjoy.

They still led with the NSW election?

1 Like

I usually moan that “national” news tends to focus on Sydney, but I think politically this is still the biggest story of the day even outside NSW. What else would they have led with?

9 Likes

Agree. In fact I thought it was odd it wasn’t the top story on the semi-National bulletin tonight.

Surprising. What did they lead with instead?

Deadly siege in Cairns, Dan Andrews visiting China, car crash in Melbourne, NSW election.
In that order.

3 Likes

Interesting order. Even as a Melburnian I’d have slotted the NSW election ahead of Dan Andrews.

3 Likes

Nine used a similar order, I believe the election was the third story tonight.

1 Like

For a moment I thought it was a localised Melbourne bulletin.

Oh my God! There was a car crash. Wow! Big news.

It was a bad crash. One dead. It was ahead of the NSW election on Nine too. Nine had a reporter at the scene.

Imo the order 10 used seemed fine.

4 Likes

Bad, but somewhat of a daily occurrence these types of events in the big cities.

That was tonight. I missed last night’s bulletin, but going off the caps they led with the lead-up to the NSW polls closing. “NSW has been voting today and we will know a result later” isn’t something I thought was worthy as the top story for markets that specifically exclude NSW.

Tonight’s bulletin was good, though I think SA’s Voice to Parliament should have been in the first segment.

1 Like

Fatal crashes where there is good vision will always get a run. Same with structure fires where there’s vision of flames (especially big flames) or gas cylinder-type explosions.

I once sold vision I’d shot of a controlled burn because I captured an entire hill side licked by flames…

8 Likes

Breaking news backdrop for Adelaide

Sports promo for Perth

5 Likes