Ten News First Content and Appearance

I doubt there are any meters in these.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Is this making a comeback since the local bulletin was axed? Or has it been running the entire time?

What about the elephant :elephant: ??

7 Likes

I think Around the Grounds has been airing for about a month now.

1 Like

The ratings did fall. It was so consequential in that last quarter that it caused a doubling in the YoY negative growth:

2 Likes

Fatal helicopter crash at midday on Sydney outskirts didn’t get a mention on 10 yesterday. The helicopter was being used in connection to the flood disaster.

Good pick up… Seven lead with it as their main story.

1 Like

Perfect example of cost cutting. Not enough crews to cover such a vast area and not entering a helicopter agreement with 9 and 7 to share vision.

1 Like

As the story went, the media pool helicopter was actually the one that located the helicopter crash. They were in the area covering the flooding (what 10 didn’t cover yesterday either as far as I can tell, other TV outlets did). They landed at scene to check for signs of life. Sadly there was none.

Though even if the case was that media pool helicopter wasn’t the one to first locate the crash before emergency services, it was still a more than worthy story on any day of the week to be in the first break given it was a fatal crash in the Sydney region and it was being used for flood recovery in the area.

A good example of poor resourcing leading to missing of a major story.

3 Likes

And now they’re covering it more than 24 hours later. Old news and just not good enough in this day and age of instant news. It was up on SMH yesterday afternoon around 1pm.

2 Likes

There is probably an argument for 10 to not even cover the story today. Baffling why you’d just take a still image of the helicopter crash from the 2/7/9 media pool helicopter rather than just taking the moving vision. You’ve already ripped it off, just take the video.

1 Like

I’m amazed that 10 still haven’t joined 2/7/9 to pool footage from the media helicopter. I believe SKY is also in this agreement?

Breakfast started at 08:03 this morning. What news program doesn’t have a hard start time at the top or bottom of the hour?

3 Likes

Seven and/or Nine will feed them the pictures so it’s a secondary agreement.

But am I right in saying that the live chopper footage now extends to Seven, Nine, ABC and SKY?

I thought the ABC decided against being in the pool with 9/7 as they were commercial networks? This arrangement may have changed since the initial arrangements came into place.

And yes the resourcing at 10 for news gathering is pathetic. Comparing the coverage of floods between 9 and 10 and the difference is stark. Aerial footage shows the expanse of the devastation.

Nothing new, Breakfast has started at 8:03 since it commenced a few weeks back and is a continuation of Studio 10 starting at the same time also.

There must be some strategic decision around starting then, both against competition (not that anyone else starts from 8) and the lead-in of B&B being the best option they have.

1 Like

It is between ABC, 7, and 9.

Sky get the pictures due to the 7/9 contract to receive their vision. They don’t pay an extra fee to get the chopper pictures.

2 Likes

ABC elected to keep their own chopper running until the company they outsourced it to went out of business basically and they joined with 7 and 9.

1 Like