Ten News First Content and Appearance

It’s better than nothing, but it still feels extremely bland. Guess we can’t really expect much else from a tiny newsroom now.

3 Likes

New Friday night segment with reporter Brendan Crew starting tonight in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Wasn’t Mike Larkin hosting a segment like this not too long ago?

1 Like

Yes he was. I can recall he last did this in December 2020.

1 Like
10 Likes

Network 10 staff were informed today a new 30-minute breakfast show would be running from 8am – 8.30am each weekday.

Lachlan Kennedy will host from the Sydney Studio Monday to Wednesday and Natasha Exelby will host from Melbourne on Thursday and Fridays.

10 Likes

it will replace the 1st 30 mins of studio 10 and start June 27th

1 Like

Holy crap. A morning news bulletin from 10 News First??? Am I dreaming.

First bulletin since 2014.
This is a great move though. Seems not all hope isn’t lost yet.

Could we perhaps expect a relaunch on this date?

16 Likes

A serious news bulletin on 10 at 8am will provide a good point of difference to Sunrise and Today who start to turn light hearted with content after 8am.

8 Likes

I don’t think they need to. Their graphics are fine. Content and resources on the other hand……

I think they need to do the Sunrise approach and build their morning audience with a straight news bulletin for many years before they start to ‘lighten’ it up a little with some light entertainment.

7 Likes

Here we go again. Yesterday’s news this morning, no doubt. It’ll be gone by Christmas.

21 Likes

10 barley have any resources and I guess it will be done minimum staff.

1 Like

It’s a start but I guess this is how they do things on the cheap within the existing budget. By 8am they have a few reporters in the field and they and cross to US and Europe for any breaking news. It’s 21 minutes of content they have to come up with. Not too hard. It’s a shame it’s only 30 mins. They’re not adding to any locally produced hours because studio 10 is reduced.

7 Likes

8am is useless to most workers though. If you haven’t left for work already you’re likely in the shower or dropping the kids off to school.

It needs to be earlier.

6 Likes

Keep in mind that they are already part of the pool arrangements for overnight camera operators.

At least they were…

What’s the point really?

The people that choose 10 at 8am (for a studio 10) probably won’t want Sunrise or Today or News Breakfast. They are choosing Studio 10 at 8am to “switch on”

So now at 8 there will be a news bulletin.

Will it push people back to sunrise or today? Or will those 10 viewers who watched Studio 10 just stay? In which case - same amount of viewers just watching a diff show

Are 10 hoping / expecting to grow 8am from 25,000 to 30,000?

What’s motivating this?

A gradual return to three bulletins per weekday?

1 Like

damned if they do, damned if they don’t really.

Don’t ever change mate.

10 Likes

they are going need to put extra staff on if that were the case. By adding 10 News First: Morning and 10 News First: Late. They possibly couldn’t do it all with the same amount of staff.

This morning they aired what appeared to be pool footage in the 8am news segment on Studio 10.

2 Likes