Yeah looks too long for broadcast and very similar to what Adelaide does for InDaily. It would be good if Adelaide also shared the updates more widely on socials though not sure if it part of ‘exclusivity’ for InDaily or just a resourcing thing. Adelaide used to post them on YouTube way back before the centralization days.
Seems like the late news is getting more resources recently; rather than just playing out stories, there are crosses for latest developments.
Good investment from 10.
Great to see, especially with the demise of The Latest.
I believe today marks 2 years since the Adelaide bulletin was split from Melbourne’s after the centralisation, I was going to say returned to local presentation but that’s not entirely accurate.
In any case, Melbourne really seems to have benefitted from this of late, to a slightly lesser extent Adelaide but its still doing a decent job there as are all markets.
Interesting that in today’s Lunchtime news they had headlines midway through the bulletin.
Good to see. Hopefully it becomes permanent.
I’ve always wondered why a lot of our hour-long bulletins don’t do headline recaps midway through.
I think they stop after it moved to 1pm. They definitely did it when it was Midday.
Tonight though felt very wrong. The lead was on the flooding in North Queensland. They had reporters covering it and then, rightfully, crossed to Liz to explain the weekend forecast. But she was at the AACTA Awards and all dressed up (as you would normally expect), but the tone just felt so wrong when all she talked about for that cross was the flooding.
Same happened the other night I believe during the Industry Gala.
In that instance, maybe they should’ve crossed to someone in the newsroom for the flood update and left Liz to do the general weather & AACTA’s chats.
I often wish I could watch a straight rolling breakfast bulletin on free to air. Is there room for a no-nonsense 3 hour newscast from 5am-8am? 10 News First at 5am.
They already tried 10 News First Breakfast in 2022 as a half hour bulletin at 8am and it didn’t work.
However it was the first bulletin outside of 5pm we’d seen in years, and the format they chose for it was just not right for that timeslot.
10 News up 20% from the previous year for second consecutive week.
You wonder if this increase equates to any increase in revenue. More promotion would be needed for 10 to continue this trajectory.
Sky News Breakfast on Sky News Regional.
Their growing presence on socials, especially YouTube and TikTok would help somewhat with additional source of revenues.
If they’re increasing audiences across the 5pm hour, surely that has some flow on effect for the sales team when they’re selling ad inventory you’d think.
It would be a good investment. Also not an overly expensive one compared to Sunrise and Today.
Not a lot of use for a Metro boy ![]()
In all seriousness, I do like tuning into Sky’s First Edition with Peter Stefanovic on Binge. Back in the day I was an avid Foxtel viewer and loved tuning into Leigh Hatcher, Sharon McKenzie, James Bracey and Brooke Corte. It was the dream team.
10’s 8am version in 2022 was way too late for me - I was off to work.
But if there was a fresh, straight forward rolling bulletin from 5am to 8am, presented in a straight forward way but without all the suits and ties, maybe with a lighter colour palette and maybe grown over a few years (like Sunrise was), I’d see it as a real alternative.
Yes agree. It was an odd time to build an audience from nothing.
The fix is to find a way to do a live show in all markets as a difference. Do what Today & Sunrise can’t.
Ideally what many FOX affiliates do in the US (Like Good Day New York) or local stations like KTLA Los Angeles with local breakfast news could work here, but it’s very expensive to implement and it’s questionable if the advertising dollars are there in 2025.
In Australia, Today and Sunrise are also competing against very established breakfast radio shows as well.









