Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Yep these are needed on air. About time they filmed some promos.

Going with the strenthgths of their presenters. And they need to… the product each night is still not up to standard that it was. Need more reporters. More comprehensive coverage of breaking news and they need the US and Europe correspondents ASAP. They are really lacking that in comparison with seven and nine.

5 Likes

These are good for branding and the :30s can get a run for a while. But Ten neee an ongoing plan to have topical :10 and :15 promos daily for what is on the news today and tomorrow (the way 7 and 9 do)

Those sorts of spots actually drive ratings.

7 Likes

I found that odd too.
Great promos though. Ten news is in desperate need of promotion.

As would having a news service that’s on at a time when people watch TV.

1 Like

It’d be great to see statewide versions of these promos. I’d love to see a Perth version with Narelda Jacobs! There good enough for TV. Make them go to air Ten! :heart_eyes:

Oh yeah, Narelda has such a unique and inspiring story about how she got where she’s now!
Best reader in Perth IMO.

2 Likes

Really happy with these promos- they’re doing exactly what’s needed- to promote why Ten’s different from Seven and Nine by depicting the higher quality/standard/integrity of the product people recieve.

They’ve come to realise that they aren’t going to get viewers by making themselves look like cheap clones of Seven/Nine and I think it will pay off if they are run often enough. Plus they invested in the dual presenter thing again so maybe this may add to make it more worthwhile.

Not a massive fan of the last 5 seconds in each ad but overall very good and well thought out.

8 Likes

Is it only Sydney and Melbourne at the moment?

1 Like

These ads will do nothing if they don’t get on air. In prime time and high rotation.

Really need to also start pumping news promos during the big bash coverage all summer.

11 Likes

But whats the point of promoting, when Ten News closes down over Summer?

Ten promoting their news? Never! :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m impressed with those promos (and about frickin’ time!). They need to start pumping these out ASAP.

I’m yet to see any of them on-air (via WIN anyways). This weekend would be the perfect time to run them (and on high rotation, too) with Bathurst etc.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:908, topic:61, full:true”]Nope, they haven’t updated to a DST-friendly backdrop yet from what I saw this week. I wonder if we’ll see the backdrop that was used in Sydney’s promos on Monday night’s bulletin[/quote]Considering Melbourne updated their backdrop on Friday evening, surprised Sydney didn’t follow suit.

2 Likes

[quote=“EyewitnessTV, post:922, topic:61, full:true”]Considering Melbourne updated their backdrop on Friday evening, surprised Sydney didn’t follow suit.[/quote]

3 Likes

Promo featuring Hugh Riminton aired during the Bathurst coverage

5 Likes

Well at least ten is doing something right. Was it the one about how he became a journalist?

Yes the same one launched online.

1 Like

Ditto for Melbourne - just seen the Candice Wyatt promo

1 Like

Hopefully these promos could mean that TEN will focus on their news a bit more now?

2 Likes

Stephen Quartermain promo has been airing today actually its a fantastic promo.

1 Like

Just saw the new promo for Ten News Melbourne during the Bathurst 1000 coverage (with large audiences watching, one would imagine)…

They’re pretty good :+1:

10 Likes

Then again… WIN were promoting Ten Eyewitness News back months ago :disappointed:

2 Likes