Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

And it’s all at an absolute fraction of the cost of buying the rights and Setting up production from scratch in a massive studio and producing two new game shows every 6 months.

2 Likes

What writing on the wall. Baseless speculation.

Writing on the wall for 6pm gameshows, I’d gather

1 Like

Keep in mind that game shows often include a lot more sponsorship, with more opportunities for product placement within the program… This would offset the cost involved involved in a game show format dramatically.

I don’t really know where people get the idea that news is a cheap production.

Oh, yes. Let me read it while not distracted by other things… ok, ok… hit me with the ‘your too protective of 10’ for a couple of posts.

Adding thirty minutes to an existing bulletin is cheaper than chips. Until you need to bed that in with more content or genuine rehashes.

Fair point… especially if it rates better.

By genuine rehashes, I mean a new story/live read/cross… rather than recycling the 5pm content.

News update just presented by Georgina Lewis in Sydney. That’s unusual.

4 Likes

Wow odd. Was it actually recorded for the Sydney market?

Seemed like a generic national one.

1 Like

Due to Barnaby announcement happening late.

Same as what Perth does.

Highly, highly unusual for them to use Brisbane instead of Perth - must have just been a timing thing, or I suppose, of most relevance to QLD.

Either way, good on them for using what they have to cover breaking news.

3 Likes

Would’ve been thirty minutes before 5 for Perth… they wouldn’t have been in a position to do an update.

1 Like

Saturday 22 February

10 News First to be shown in prime time directly following Supercars: Adelaide 500 (except Perth). :open_mouth:

From 10:

Last week 10 News First 6pm up 38% year-on-year for timeslot.

10 News First 5pm up 12% compared with the same week last year.

4 Likes

Was pointless still on at this time last year??

Yes.

Still a good increase. Obviously ten will need to leave news at 6 there for around 10 years to even get any traction. They should promote the news much more in prime time. There should be a minimum of a 10 second news promo every commercial break.

2 Likes

Pointless was rating 160,000 - 190,000 in the timelsot that week.

3 Likes