Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Incredibly tacky.

My wife (your average viewer) thought they were lotto balls when she saw it (especially their entry animation).

The ‘30 Years’ at the end is hardly readable.

1 Like

get a HD TV.

1 Like

and Brisbane

4 Likes

From last night:

2 Likes

@ScreenTower @SamSamTV can someone please record Perth tonight?

3 Likes

For those who haven’t seen a full broadcast with Monika. Thanks as always to @SamSamTV for always dedicating the time.

10 Likes

She still can’t say good night :joy: Seriously though, She is impressing me in the role. Wasn’t sure but she is great.

She has before,I think it was an auto cue issue last night as Michael said goodnight twice lol

2 Likes

Who does the opening VO? It sounds a bit like Sarah Harris.

1 Like

Jennifer Byrne of course. Sounds nothing like Sarah Harris.

9 Likes

Here you have me thinking it was Sandra Sully :rofl:

2 Likes

10 reporting that in week 5, the news lifted their 6pm timeslot 28% year on year.

7 Likes

I know its been discussed before but 10 really need to do 90 minutes of news at least on Sundays… They just reported breaking news about Bridget McKenzie with more on The Project at 6:30 but are still showing Bondi Rescue at 6pm. Kills all momentum going into The Project.

7 Likes

I still don’t get the obsession over this. There is genuinely no need on weekends and it feels like those that want it only want for the sake of it. Would be better for them to spend money elsewhere on a Sunday morning program rather than 90 minute news.

People don’t want to watch 90 minutes of news on weekends, let alone is anyone is watching 10 on weekends. The last thing they need to do is force feed people 90 minute news which at the 6pm hour only has 5 minutes and the rest is sport, weather an adverts.

1 Like

I’d watch it on Sunday if it was there… Instead I’m switching over to 9… Will go back to 10 at 6:30 for The Project but lots of people probably wouldn’t.

Not sure it costs much to go for an extra half hour… if its a slow news day then repeat the content from the first hour (they already do) but there is a lot going on at the moment for fresh live crosses etc.

Also don’t buy the argument that people necessarily sit through the 1.5 hours. I tuned in about 5:30 and its the sort of news that lends itself to people getting home at different times.

4 Likes

The point of the 6pm News is to boost primetime results. The Sunday Project could actually benefit from this more than the weeknight line-up. So, if they were to do it any night, I’d definitely be doing Sundays.

Viewers don’t watch the whole 90 minutes, they come and go. 10 know they are still going to be third at 6pm with news. Their focus is on improving in the timeslot not winning. So, like the game show, news would outrate Bondi Rescue and, thus, they have “nothing to lose”.

4 Likes

I’d prefer:
5pm - 6pm News
6pm - 7pm The Project
7pm - reality.

Repeats of Bondi Rescue don’t cut it at 6pm and if 9 and 7 follow last years schedule, their reality shows will start at 7pm and get a jump start on 10s.

5 Likes

@NewsAustralia

90 minutes of news is no different to 3 hours of susnrise. It’s not intended to be watched for the whole broadcast. It’s intended to put the strongest product at each slot In the schedule.

In a world where Broadcast Tv is down 10_
-15% year on year. News at 6 is up 28% year on year weeknights

I have no doubts it would
Do the same to 6pm (and this prime time) on weekends

7 Likes

The 6pm timelsot is up 26% in under 50s and up 35% in 25 to 54s

Coming out of that The Project 6.30pm is up 27% year on year. Up 31% in under 50s, up 15% in 16 to 39s, 32% in 18 to 49s and up 26% in 25 to 54s.

5 Likes

The writing is on the wall. Time to invest in the news department. Their current resources are being stretched. And others have said. The weekend bulletin should be also extended to 90 mins.

1 Like