Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I’m sure it would, but now you’re talking about 10 studio crews if you’re suggesting local news.

Same problems in Melbourne tonight. Gonna be a while!

3 Likes

Not a fan of the cross promotion of the Cup on the news with one story just devoted to Lexus and their marquee.

4 Likes

@TV.Cynic have the Queensland studio shots looked sharper over the last few weeks or am I imagining something?

No, one national newscast out of The Sydney newsroom.

News. Not a breakfast show.

Well, yes - they should be doing something.

The set is stunning. News would
Be a real point of difference to 7 9 and ABC
Would they come first or second? No

Would
They grow and bring in bigger revenues ? Yes

Would tha amortize they cost of 5 newsrooms and Canberra across more than 1 hour a day? Yes

Crew is already there for studio 10. As are studio and control room

!
Newsrooms should be starting earlier to produce social content

Innovate with news. It’s news not a magazine breakfast show. But local traffic Info, local news, and innovative ways to do news @
Look to France USA Spain for examples to do things different

The marketing angle would sell the differences to the crap that is sunrise and today and they could carve out a niche.

Starting with 50k and easily growing to 150k

I think an approach of getting people out the door with mews weather and Traffic Info.

Ten has shown they can innovate

Programming needs to give news the 6-830 slot

1 Like

That all sounds great, in theory. But what I come back, always, is the logistics of what you’re saying… it’s not a simple matter of the studio crew ‘being there for Studio 10’, they are there for Studio 10, and all the intricacies that involves.

As for the newsrooms starting early for social, again great idea but it involves more staff… because of the pesky 38 hour work week thing.

2 Likes

No doubt.

Any new tv show has big logistics crew needs and needs to hire staff. Of course.

But adding hours or content from newsrooms is cost effective. It’s why every broadcaster does it

I’m not disputing that, but I’m saying it cant be done with what they have.

I agree. Nowhere in the world can 2/5 hurts of news content be done without hiring additional staff. But the incremental heads that would need to be hired to al already function devision - its a vey cost effective way to produce content.

And would rate higher than game show, Bold and ET or whatever they gave there.

Computers are also missing as of the technical issues… rundown doesn’t work.

2 Likes

The rundown’s fine.

There were a few glimpses of the birdcage set shown during a report in Melbourne tonight. Replica of the 10 Sydney desk by the looks of things.

Hopefully the desk will be installed in the regular Melbourne studio after the Cup.

15 Likes

Yep! Melbourne desk based off the Sydney one is in existance:

6 Likes

Nice! One would hope they take the chance to upgrade the set next week while they’re away.

2 Likes

The fact that they’ve built the desk is hopefuly a good sign. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

They would be crazy not to. But, they really need to focus on fixing this current technical glitch.

3 Likes

I would say that desk will be seen on the Melbourne bulletin soon. There is no way that’s going to waste.

5 Likes