Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Noticed that QLD and MELB both had a fade transition from titlecard to studioshot, rather than the usual swipe.
Not sure if this was the case for other states.

Melbourne still in error mode.

4 Likes

The Perth bulletin still has the swipe.

1 Like

Brisbane is… still no OTS Graphics, Supers missing and as you said swipes are missing on multiple teaser cards.

1 Like

Sounds like a weird problem, is their software defective?

Weekend news coming from Sydney still. No cold opener. Started at 6.05pm.

6 Likes

Coverage from Flemington

Sport

Weather

World Cup

8 Likes

Perth
Sunday 13th October:

Monday 14th October:

Tuesday 15th October:

Friday 18th October:

Other:

7 Likes

Melbourne bulletin coming from the usual studio?! No broadcast from Flemington (I thought it was implied they would be broadcasting from Flemington all week)

8 Likes

Must only be tomorrow. Not even Thursday as there’s no news on Thursday as Oaks day finishes at 6:30aedt

6 Likes

Still it cold open in Sydney and non HD graphics for the opener. The voice over is also missing “SYDNEY”

5 Likes

Something has been majorly wrong for the last few days in Perth too… During the ‘Coming up in 10 News First’ segment, Narelda stays on screen and reads the headlines with no headline vision or intro supers. Same goes with Sport. I haven’t seen any OSTs lately either. Something is definitely wrong with their News system…

2 Likes

That’s right. Because Perth is having these problems, Melbourne is too (since we basically run Perth!)

They’re clearly having massive issues network-wide and it seems that whatever the issue is, it isn’t easy to fix.

3 Likes

Hopefully it is not a factor of why the News hasn’t broadcasted out of Flemington yet as it would be a shame if we didn’t see how it would appear on-air with the pop-up Sydney style set. :frowning:

2 Likes

Here’s tonight’s Sydney bulletin.
No cold open, the beep at the start sounds off, Sandra’s voice during the headlines sounds really weird (audio not playing properly?) VO seems completely out of wack from when it usually plays and the titlecard was only on screen much shorter (but I actually didn’t mind the fast-pace of it)

Credits @ScreenTower

Also, some awesome looking shots coming back from the break:

8 Likes

Ten had a ransom ware hack effect their IT department clearly there are ongoing issues.

9 Likes

That’s a nasty rumour to spread.

2 Likes

Now hear me out… Surely 10 plan on turning the old Melbourne news studio into a multi-purpose space (like Sydney) for news and their other shows… It even has a giant screen in it too?!
I never remember this space having that…

06245507cd2d5475d05be00f1de1fb837eea0766_2_690x388

Cap @TV.Cynic

10 Likes

I’m assuming that middle pic with Sandra is what other states presentations will look like.

On Oaks Day, Sydney and Melbourne will have the 5pm news on 10Bold. Adelaide will have 30 minute bulletin on main channel at 6pm (up against Seven News and Nine News) and Brisbane will have one hour bulletin on main channel from 5.30pm.

3 Likes

That will be interesting to see the numbers come in

1 Like