Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

This is exactly how Melbourne’s was.
Given that Melbourne houses the control room for Adelaide (and Perth), they will both have this problem until Melbourne fixes it I assume.

4 Likes

Dear, oh dear. Whatever is happening at 10?

1 Like

Something doesn’t seem right.
Montage of the Brisbane problems last night.

4 Likes

What was it like tonight?

Perth News Updates yesterday and today have been a little weird as it doesn’t show Narelda on screen at the News desk, and instead has a voiceover of her and vision of the headlines playing in the background.

2 Likes

Melbourne news updates have also been voiceovers so far this week.

1 Like

A colleague’s wife works at 10 Sydney and he said major IT issues and systems are down and she has been given 2 days off work until systems are back online. Not sure if this is related to news but seems so.

11 Likes

Wait wait wait wait.

You have a source at 10, and you don’t tell us or use it to break any juicy information, and then you finally reveal your contact with… an IT error?

No source. Do not know my colleagues wife. Never spoken of Channel 10 until today as we are on a work trip away. It was just an interesting conversation that I only remembered once I came on here.

1 Like

Fair.

But also how dare you.

2 Likes

Really wish 10 would expand their news service to more than just one hour a day.

I’m still yet to understand the smart economics in running 6 studios, 6 newsrooms, a national news division - national, local, international crews, journos, producers - all to produce just one bulletin a day. Every other news division in the world amortizes costs by producing multiple hours of news a day - multiple bulletins.

It’s well known once you have all the infrastructure in place, adding additional bulletins only ads incremental costs.

It seems the best place to launch would be 6 or 7am as a lead in to Studio 10.

5 studios, 5 newsrooms and 2 bureaus.

Canberra and…?

Isn’t it Gold Coast too?

1 Like

doesn’t Canberra have a newsroom and studio?

what defines a studio and newsroom V bureau?

So does the Gold Coast. A bureau is an office with minimal staff, usually in a non license area in my opinion.

The current status for Canberra is a bureau.

Newsroom https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsroom

News Bureau

The studio is a shoebox with a green screen and a camera. Essentially the same as the Gold Coast.

1 Like

Got it, thanks.

It’s still hard to understand the economics behind a newsroom and studio producing only one hour of news a day - especially airing only locally

I’m certain a news at 6-830am would double the time slot ratings

1 Like