Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It’s great to see Ten Adelaide acknowledge that they were part of the Seven Network.

4 Likes

First time I’ve noticed this in HD for QLD

9 Likes

No OTS or plasma graphics tonight in Brisbane, just the globe and the skyline. They are still doing the zooming wider shots with the three plasmas though for stories.

Also problems with the theme music.

4 Likes

Maybe they are in the process of going HD and (for whatever reason) it is affecting the bulletin? (as per the HD promo caps above)??

1 Like

Similar problems in Melbourne, theme music slightly different and opening titles different.

7 Likes

Ok, certainly just an error then haha

4 Likes

Yeah the theme was so loud, they had to turn it right down at some point as you could barley hear Joe during the first teaser.

5 Likes

It’s not the HD upgrade.

1 Like

Just thought I’d come on here and mention how good the Sydney bulletin looks on-air these days. The past few months they’ve really been getting experimental with the set, the story delivery and trying new shots, and it’s really pays off.
The bulletin looks so much more sleek and dynamic than anything from Seven & Nine.

16 Likes

I noticed as well the opening shot for the weekend bulletins was quite different too - with Chris Bath on the desk. Looked fantastic.

13 Likes

Certainly ahead of its time I think, in Australia’s standards anyway. Let’s hope it sets a precedent for all networks in the 2020s!

5 Likes

Any news on new sets next year for the remaining states?

Something still not right in Melbourne tonight.
The cold opener still didn’t use the right theme, and the headline supers aren’t animating / font looks out of place.

Something is certainly happening behind the scenes!

4 Likes

Sydney having problems too.

3 Likes

Maybe there’s issues due to them setting up an OB for Melbourne cup? Who knows.

Behind the scenes looking of the Melbourne studio.

1 Like

Very weird.
No use of the mega wall during the opener, wrong VO…

6 Likes

Maybe it’s a ‘simple’ approach (ie. they’re too lazy or low on staff). Problems in Brisbane again.

1 Like

It’s not.

5 Likes

Adelaide’s intro graphic also looks slightly different. (and opening theme music).

1 Like