Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

10 News First or Ten News First?

10 News First.

2 Likes

Brisbane have added a short promo to the end of their nightly news updates this week that I don’t recall seeing before.

“We put the stories that matter first” and " See it first on Queensland’s 10 News First" with a short excerpt from the top story of the night between.

5 Likes

Network wide as I understand it, and permanent change moving forward.

They’re also running more 20 second promos too.

10 Likes

WTF is with these watermarks :man_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

Well, no one’s going to steal the vision.

1 Like

So 7 and 9 don’t steal their footage and vice versa. It’s a problem around the streets of Mt Coot-tha.

It is also is a promotional tool.

Not just the mountain.

1 Like

Not sure what was so exclusive about any of tonight’s vision from the networks

Yet here is the same on 10 and Seven

Some exclusive shots on Seven that were also on 10 :thinking:

3 Likes

I look at it the other way. I think 10 has taken the vision from 7 and squeezed the vision out. Hence, the tighter, more zoomed in shots on 10 of the exact same footage. So, yeah, not exclusive but 7 didn’t know 10 would use their vision.

The vision on 10 without a watermark was shown in the 5pm news while anything shown on 7 before 6pm had the watermark.

Surely even you couldn’t agree that these are appropriate?

If they don’t want other networks stealing it, one simple continuous watermark through the middle is more than sufficient to ensure that doesn’t happen.

What they’ve done is just is ludicrous.

6 Likes

I understand it. They’re no worse than 9 or 7.

Maybe a little more transparency…

Cross to Perth today

Is this the Perth news room?

Is this the correct Nathan Brooks? https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-brooks-a7b7b5a8/

4 Likes

Yes it is, I think I posted about him in the Reporters thread but he also reported from Darwin back in June for the shootings there - believe he’s just freelancing at 10 currently.

1 Like

Sadly, one of the very few times you’ll see native HD content from Ten Perth.

Please tell me there are plans for at least some of the non-Sydney bulletins to go HD (either in full or part) this side of 2020!

2 Likes

Not this side of 2020.

Very much a true collaboration between us at Exposure Group and 10’s in-house genius, David Bernstein. Our team brought a number of finished design concepts to the table and David basically took the best parts, distilled them and 10ised it.

Rarely for something like this, designed and built in New South Wales (our workshop is in Seven Hills). Pretty happy about it. Even the finishing on the tech. The Big Screen ™ is by Leyard, integrated by Jeremy Koch at Innovative. Everything else is our own magic, in collab with Peter Daniells at 10.

Can’t forget to mention that Ross Dagan (10 News bossman) was intimately involved from the start, too, and had a very clear idea of what he needed to see happen, which is pretty much the best thing you can hope for in a client. I reckon we got there :slight_smile:

20 Likes

I doubt that you are probably allowed to do this, but would you happen to have any of the design concepts you’d be willing to share?

1 Like

10 News First re-brand featuring in the 2019 Sydney Brand awards -

5 Likes