Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Perth bulletin

10 Likes

Wait, have they fully reintroduced Perth weekend bulletins??

Yes can someone confirm, is Perth now receiving a live bulletin on Weekends?

No. Only when news is changing.

2 Likes

I tried to watch the bulletin on YouTube but it was blocked on copyright grounds, as it contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. Is there any report which will have the music content that triggered the copyright claim?

1 Like

I still think “10 News First” will simply be in the same vein as the “exclusive” or pointless “First on 9 News”/“7 News First” taglines for stories. Or some kind of branding for online news.

At most it could be an actual section of the bulletin (think US stations “Action News Investigates”) like how sport and weather are separate sections. But doubtful.

1 Like

Sounds to me like multi-platform branding.

6 Likes

erm this erm

9 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the locally produced Queensland bulletin tonight, the ratings for the qld portion of the national bulletin are always quite good so hopefully this does well for them.

I’m curious @lexington if you know why they felt it was necessary to do this as a one off, aside from being being good for local audiences due to daylight savings and showing a commitment to their local news service l.

One would assume it might have to do perhaps with the bigger audience in Qld due to the Gold Coast 600?

Half hour national news for Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide at 6pm EDT… (then Adelaide get Bondi Rescue at 6pm CDT) Brisbane needs to go back on the usual one hour delay… so they slotted in the news then Bondi Rescue.

Perth will get the same as Brisbane, but produced by the national team in Sydney.

Ten News on weekends peaks when there are Queensland stories but the viewers switch off for rest of the national bulletin? What happens in the other state capitals?

Are you seeing minute by minute breakdowns?

Can I ask, have Ten hired more staff in last couple of months, or is there any signs of it happening?

As mentioned, they have topped up their staff so that staff levels in all states are at the same levels of the 2014 sackings (after they axed all their other bulletins).

1 Like

I think you misinterpreted @killy06. “Qld portion” would refer to the Qld portion of the national audience rather than any Qld portion of the bulletin.

Queensland updates this afternoon.

5 Likes

Big storm set to rip through Brisbane this afternoon, certainly a good a night as ever for local news in Queensland.

6 Likes

Good on Ten for doing this. I have always hoped that Ten re-introduce local weekend bulletins as their next step.

@Lexington Can you tell your source to please update their skyline for summer!

1 Like

as I understand it the summer background produced by graphics was too bright… and with the new look coming, they’re not bothering to change it now.

Yes, a very fortuitous day for local news… no, not a sign of things to come.

6 Likes

Local stories now leading news updates in Queensland.

3 Likes