Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

From my reading of this forum it seems most people think Ten dropped the ball in terms of news some time ago… if that’s the case then they should go for a complete refresh putting as must distance as possible between the future and the past.

That means new graphic look, new theme, new set… possibly they should consider new presenters or presenter combinations and of course a new name. (At the same beefing up content wouldn’t hurt either)

Ten News First is a bit meh… Seven and Nine have been using First branding statements for years. It’s not bad, it’s just a bit bland and boring.

Ten have an opportunity here to do something different… they’ve got nothing to lose. (Keeping in mind the target audience of course)

I suspect they won’t… it will be more tinkering around the edges… I’ll be very happy to be proven wrong,

2 Likes

What’s interesting about 10 News First is that surely they will beef up their news output to come anywhere close to matching that “positioning statement”…

1 Like

Interesting development - next Saturday Ten Eyewitness News First at Five will be shown at 5pm on ONE in all markets except Perth due to the Rugby coverage on the main channel.

1 Like

So I guess I’m just gonna make a prediction -

10 News First goes from 5:30-8:30am and 5pm. Hopefully they add a 6pm too. OK I’m gonna say they add a 6pm too lol

I know it’s Ten but can anyone REALLY imagine them launching “Ten News First”… um, yeah we have one news show per day… ?? :flushed:

You’re over thinking it.

5 Likes

Might have to close every single 10-related thread, ay :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m not over-thinking it. By your suggestion, Ten is under-thinking it.

How can you have a credible name “News First” and your news programming is only on from 5-6???

Perhaps First isn’t the bulletin title. Perhaps it relates to many other things.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Doesn’t make sense. “Perhaps”? I thought you knew?

Let’s just wait and see until we find out then maybe we can judge.

6 Likes

Hence being intentionally vague…

13 Likes

This thread :man_facepalming:t2:

10 Likes

What do you want him to say? He can’t say anything. :stuck_out_tongue: Reading too much into it.

We’ll see what they have when it all comes. Not long to go.

2 Likes

I’m not about to reveal things that might get my source exposed.

5 Likes

We understand that completely mate. I can’t say enough how much I appreciate the information you have been giving us. So thanks mate, and I sure as hell don’t want you or your source exposed. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

thanks mate. I really cant wait til November 1.

6 Likes

Me too it’s like an early christmas present for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So things really are changing “big” then?

Interesting.

Would you say game changing?

1 Like

All your weeks must be going so slow waiting till the 1st of Nov haha!!