Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Any idea if they are keeping the orange/blue colour scheme? I think it works really well.

1 Like

I believe the colours are staying. As I say, it seems to be version 1.5 rather than 2.0.

3 Likes

Something different here in Brisbane this afternoon, a special ā€˜Amber Alertā€™ news update just aired, you can find it on their Twitter account:

1 Like

Letā€™s hope some promos get made when the relaunch occurs. Perfect time to start promoting the news service during Masterchef. Itā€™s not like any of the other promos for other show work. Everything else on the network rates like shit.

5 Likes

They aired that at 2.40 todayā€¦ good to see a ā€˜breakingā€™ update go to air.

Had others at 3.30 and 4.00, by 4.30 it was all over though.

2 Likes

As part of the impending graphics refresh, new staff recruitment and newly appointed social media team, I strongly believe that TEN need to have a renewed focus on how they deliver their news online.

Having news content hidden within the tenplay site & apps is not ideal and reverting to the previous tennews.com.au site which should be managed independently to that of their catch up services (but still linked) should seriously be considered and implemented as a priority.

7 Likes

Canā€™t wait :smiley:
Can we expect a flatter version of the current look?

1 Like

I just hope they ditch the jumble of a name.
Ten Eyewitness News First at Five.

Just keep it Ten Eyewitness News. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™m thinking they may go the opposite, and opting for a more glossier approach to suit with the new Ten logo (If they do use it), but Iā€™d like to see what would come out of a all-flat take on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

any budget coverage this year?

Ten aired a 10 min edition of Budget 2015. Hugh Riminton hosted the coverage, Adam Todd as the reporter and treasurer Joe Hockey and shadow treasurer Chris Bowen. Hugh Riminton called it ā€œshort and simpleā€.

Ten Eyewitness News has a great graphics package already.

They should really be spending their money beefing up and investing in growth areas of news consumption - that is online, mobile, apps and social. TV News is a declining medium - especially for Ten viewers who are younger than 7 and 9 viewers.

Ten has the weakest online / social news of any of the 4 main news networks.

They are so far behind. They need to be investing to put the news where people are: online and on mobile.

4 Likes

You donā€™t grow any business by not investing.

If you donā€™t spend money today to invest, tomorrow there will be no income.

4 Likes

From what Iā€™ve heard and seen, there were/are a number of jobs available at Tens News departmentā€¦
As well as social media jobs.

I wonder how long it will take before they release their financials and cut the newsroom again.

1 Like

Financials were out last week

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/ten-network-holdings/590/36?u=tv.cynic

Network Ten today announced the appointment of John Choueifate as Executive Director, News. The appointment is effective 1 May.

John Choueifate Appointed Executive Director, News

Network Ten today announced the appointment of John Choueifate as Executive Director, News effective 1 May.

Mr Choueifate was previously Network News Director, a role he has held since June 2014. He joined Network Ten in December 2013 as Director of News, Sydney.

Peter Meakin will take on the new role of Executive Consultant, News and Current Affairs, on 1 May. Mr Meakin joined Network Ten in February 2014 as Executive Director, News and Current Affairs.

Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: ā€œPeter has made an important and valuable contribution to our news and current affairs programs over the past two years, in particular to The Project, and Iā€™m delighted that he is staying with us in his new role.

ā€œJohn is one of the best and most experienced news and current affairs executives in Australia. Under his direction, the TEN Eyewitness News First At Five bulletins have continued to dominate their timeslots around the country and have continued to deliver compelling and informative news to our viewers seven days a week.ā€

Mr Meakin said: ā€œI am delighted to be continuing my association with The Project and Studio 10, working closely with Chief Programming Officer Beverley McGarvey. I hold Chouf in enormously high regard and TEN News will be in safe hands with him.ā€

Mr Choueifate said: ā€œI would like to thank Peter for his guidance at Ten over the past two years.

ā€œIā€™m thrilled to be leading an enthusiastic and committed team. There are many exciting opportunities

3 Likes

Is he the reason we can expect to see changes? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ten fiddling around edges again with no real interest in developing the news brand with any news bulletins or US/UK bureaus.

2 Likes