Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

“I’m thrilled to be leading an enthusiastic and committed team. There are many exciting opportunities that lie ahead and I’m keen to continue to grow TEN News across all platforms.”

Good initial signs.

1 Like

What has Meakin done for the last two years? He’s pretty much overseen the worst two years in ten news history.

4 Likes

The massive investment in a US or UK bureau would do nothing for the bulletins. Focus on what they have, not pie in the sky ideas. Perhaps with John now running the newsrooms things might change… he did fight for the extra few staff about 6 months ago.

1 Like

Exactly what I thought when I read that. There’s been nothing noticeable at all since his arrival.

Not Meakin’s fault - his staff and budget were taken away from him almost as soon as he began.

Are you referring to Meakin?

Are the weather segments on TENFAF Sydney and the National bulletin pre-recorded? If not why don’t the presenters join the team at the desk and present the weather in front of the videowall?

I’m pretty sure that the weather segments are presented live, because we can see the weather (Hooray for Tim Bailey in HD! :stuck_out_tongue: ) in native HD. If they weren’t live, we would most likely be seeing the weather in blurry SD, like the pre-recorded crosses which was so blatant during the very first edition of Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five Sydney to be shown on Ten HD back in Early March.

2 Likes

Have you ever actually seen Tim Bailey present the weather? He requires an awful lot of room for his nightly aerobics routine aka weather forecast.

3 Likes

hopefully a budget special bulletin this year. If not, I can live without it.

Georgina just announced her in QLD, special bulletin tonight from 9.40 with an interview with the treasurer. I suspect if Hugh Riminton is back he will present.

Hugh is back.

2 Likes

Judging by the TV guide, this is scheduled tonight between NCIS & NCIS:LA and goes from 9:46-9:53.

There is also a new stream on tenplay to watch it online: Watch full episodes of TV shows for free on 10 play - Network Ten

2 Likes

Hugh’s presenting and in his words it will be “short and sweet”.

1 Like

Okay, we get it, you dislike the ABC and lean to the right. Move along.

5 Likes

Here are some images from tenplay for the budget. They cooked the background in the second image

1 Like

If this ‘bulletin’ (more like a news update if you ask me) has the words First at Five, that’s it!

That’s what?

And I believe it’s known as TENFAF.

[quote=“killy06, post:363, topic:61”]
That’s what?

And I believe it’s known as TENFAF.
[/quote] TENFAF, :wink:. The tagline ‘First at Five’ shouldn’t be even used in the name of their 5pm bulletin IMO even though it is actually at 5. But how is it acceptable for them to broadcast a bulletin at 1pm for example and name the bulletin ‘TENFAF’? It is like saying Sunrise : Special Budget Edition tonight at 10pm… But it isn’t Sunrise, durr? I suppose it all comes back down to what is actually meant by ‘First at Five’.