Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t recall but 1987 and 1988 was very much Nine News versus Ten News for #1. One week it could be Nine, the next week it could be Ten. I couldn’t tell you who ended up taking out the year(s).

Make it look like they have someone on the ground…

that would be because its not Budget Coverage. it will be an encore of bull. TEN slotted the Budget Special sandwiched in between NCIS & NCIS: Los Angeles in previous years. They call it “Short and Simple”. In 2015 and 2016, Hugh Riminton hosted it.

Where do they present the Weekend News Weather from? Looks pre recorded.

They have that big videowall right next to the Set they should use it throwing to/from Weather/Tarsh. And have it live.

The space they have for the news set is very BBC like with the newsroom in the back, so much you could do with this set sad to see it underused

8 Likes

The Sydney set in Pyrmont. We outside the centre of the Universe see it only on weekends.

4 Likes

Technically it is pre-recorded if you live in Perth :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Apologies I meant weather pre recorded.

Adjacent to the set out of shot is a green screen in front of one of the control rooms I believe, that’s where the weather is presented from. Agree that it should be from the weather wall with a wide angle throw to the presenter, would look great.

4 Likes

Can’t comment on weather being pre-recorded but I am pretty that those very wide opening shots are pre-recorded.

I’m not sure about the national weekend bulletins but Sydney’s weeknight weather is definitely live.

For any and all studio segments during a Sydney/national bulletin on Ten (or Seven), the key to figuring out whether you’re seeing a live or pre-recorded segment is by watching the HD channel. Typically all the live studio segments are native HD, while the pre-recorded bits are upconverted SD.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure opening wide shot is pre recorded because the cameras would be in the way of the video wall.

1 Like

Does tens video wall move after the recorded opener for tim baileys weather?? It seems he isn’t as close in comparison to that opening shot.

yeah they move it in front of the control room.

I am pretty sure TEN are doing a Budget Special tomorrow night, as NCIS is slated from 8.49 to 10.03. Which isn’t too bad at all.

1 Like

How many ads are Ten chucking in to make a 45 minute show run for one and a quarter hours?

Do we know why they move it? Is it so it can be underneath a lighting grid for the weather?

1 Like

I assume it’s due to a lack of space around the main part of the set. It looks spacious in the wide shots but is actually quite cramped judging by some of the wide shots we saw back when Hamish’s Late News was still going.

2 Likes

Weather wall in front of the control room, courtesy of the man himself. Twitter

2 Likes

Let’s just agree there is still magic in television :wink:

The cameras for the news desk would be stuck in front of the video wall obstructing any use of it in a wide shot and for weather seg itself.