Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

So Bailey has ample room to perform his nightly aerobics routine while mentioning the weather in between his ‘dribs and drops on rooftops’ etc?

2 Likes

Wait a minute, is that behind the news desk? Looks like it?

1 Like

I was watching a few clips and I think the opening is live, the movements of the presenter match up in both shots.

It does look like it. I couldn’t find a wide enough shot of the studio to see how close the desk is to the left side of the studio floor to see if it would fit.

Could the first story intro could be prerecorded also?

1 Like

Seems like a lot of effort to go to for something most people wouldn’t notice.
Surely if it was too hard to get that wide angle they just wouldn’t do it.

As I’m one that works in the industry not in Sydney…if there is a pre record for the 1st story which was done during the day for timing reasons etc the wide opening shot is done live but then cross rolled to the pre record seamlessly looking up on the intro read to look live. Sydneys opening wide shot is pre recorded about 5 mins before on air to allow cameras back to the main desk and cut back live to intro…magic :+1:

5 Likes

First story isn’t pre recorded here in Sydney only the opening shot is.

Sometimes here in Perth it is :+1:

1 Like

Budget special to held after NCIS tonight.

4 Likes

Interesting, did they do one last year?

Budget graphics

10 Likes

Via Tim’s Instagram :laughing:
Explains why they never have a wide shot to throw to/from weather and also for the closer.

5 Likes

Stephen Quartermain said special Budget bulletin at around 9.40pm tonight.

1 Like

which would end up being at 9.49 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@William_C that’s why l posted what Stephen said…Would have been better to say after NCIS.

Brief update during MasterChef

4 Likes

Yes. Hugh Riminton hosted a budget special last year.
Sandra Sully did a national budget update during Masterchef and will do the special at 9:40pm

3 Likes

Just watching local telly here in New York. Gee, somebody needs to do local breakfast news. Snappy, summing up the day ahead in your local city (events, free icecream 4pm-6pm etc). Great stuff, point of difference and relevant.

3 Likes

Last year

5 Likes

Wake Up tried this and it didn’t work at all.