Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

IIRC No. it was a 3 year deal, 2012-2014

Imagine a Gretel hosted BB reboot? I wouldn’t watch but they may be an audience.

1 Like

Do you really think that they have any idea themselves?

1 Like

Something new please. This is why they continue to fail. Reheating old formats is not innovative. They need way more content but have no money at all. The place is fucked and it’s due to continual mismanagement and failure to evolve as a media company.

1 Like

The Biggest Loser as a viable programing format is all but dead and Big Brother is probably even less likely to become a ratings success again.

If you ask me, Ten needs to be asking itself this:

“What elements of The Project or Studio 10 can we successfully implement throughout the entire network?”

1 Like

Those shows are popular but still come third in their timeslots. They need something fresh and not replicate other formats.

2 Likes

If they close down the news department as rumoured I don’t know how studio 10 and project survive. Studio 10 is priduced but news division and project even though externally produced relies on the resources of 10 news.

As I said… the place is a mess. They need some investor with deep pockets to save the place.

no they don’t. not for their core content.

It will still be a disaster for the network no matter how hey spin it.

They fact that a major media company cannot produce 5 local news bulletins in 2017 is evidence enough of mismanagement. I for one will be so angered by a mass close down of ten news. It’s a disaster for the news media in this country if that were to happen.

5 Likes

Ten need the next Masterchef.

I remember how huge the first season was. A true cultural phenomenon. They need to tap into the same thing.

Maybe comedy?

You could say that FTA needs another MasterChef for Ten to trial and Seven and Nine to copy a couple of years later.

6 Likes

Yes, but are there any new reality formats left out there to try? And don’t say that new reality show from the Netherlands where a bunch of blokes sit around judging whether the women standing in front of them are pregnant or fat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Create one.

Yeah, sure. When have they ever done that?

The Great Australian Spelling Bee was an original format they created with Endemol Shine. Perhaps they may try it again next year, I remember reading Beverley saying that they weren’t finished with it yet and most likely wouldn’t return in the first half of 2017.

I don’t have any reality formats in mind they could try moving forward, but I’d probably be hoping to see them increase the number of ob-doc type series but more character driven than the usual police, emergency services, medical type shows we’re so used to seeing.

Not at all likely after the terrible ratings last time and being shunted to Eleven.

It failed… no need to be trying that shit again. It was boring and repetitive.

Soon enough they’ll axe the news department and will not be considered a network or media company. They might as well hand in their license and give it to someone else to run.

It’s so sad to see the demise of Ten.

1 Like

As if. You’re such a Debbie Downer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The Hothouse
The Renovators
Yasmin’s Getting Married

Great track record there. :joy:

I’ll change my statement:
Yeah, sure. When have they ever successfully done that?