Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

I agree, something tells me Ten should have gone with The Bachelor now, then into Masterchef. Their programming is becoming very predictable and a lot of viewers are possibly looking for something different.

Granted that watching MasterChef requires a big commitment in time, but people I know that watch the show are currently binging on Netflix waiting for it to start. For whatever reasons, the MasterChef audience is different to MKR’s.

Oddly, airing MasterChef straight after MKR has always been positive for the show (at least in 2015).

Keeps the momentum going.

Since MKR launched a year after in 2010, it’s never rated ‘poorly’ (even 2013 & 2014 to an extent’s ratings would be consodered fantastic for Ten - but it should still rate 1m+ with 400k+ in Melb).

###Week commencing 30 April 2017

Sunday 30 April
06:30 pm Bondi Rescue S12 Ep13 Season Final
07:00 pm Modern Family S6 Ep8
07:30 pm Modern Family S8 Ep19
08:00 pm Bull S1 Ep9
09:00 pm NCIS: New Orleans S3 Ep8

Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
09:55 pm 2017 Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix

Adelaide, Perth
09:55 pm NCIS: New Orleans Rpt

Monday 1 May
11:00 am - 12:30 pm Studio 10: TBL Transformed Live Finale Season Final
The Biggest Loser: Transformed gives Australians the motivation & tools to be the best they can be. Follow the transformational journey of our contestants as they overhaul their mind, body & spirit.
…
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia S9 Ep1 Season Premiere
09:10 pm This Is Us - Encore
10:10 pm TBA

Tuesday 2 May
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia
08:40 pm NCIS S14 Ep13
09:40 pm NCIS: Los Angeles S8 E18
10:40 pm TBA

Wednesday 3 May
08:40 pm This Is Us S1 Ep11 Season Return
09:40 pm Madam Secretary S3 E18
10:40 pm Hawaii Five-O S7 Ep22

Thursday 4 May
09:30 pm Law & Order: S.V.U.
10:30 pm Blue Bloods S7 Ep20

Friday 5 May
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show
Special guests: Warren Beatty, Miranda Hart, Keeley Hawes, Peter Capaldi & Jennifer Hudson.
09:30 pm TBA

Saturday 6 May
06:30 pm TBA
07:30 pm TBA
08:30 pm Law & Order: SUV S18 Ep16
09:30 pm Law & Order: SUV Rpt

Should be on ELEVEN?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s weird. I wonder what day and time? Mondays after HYBPA?

Edit: I read the article, and I was correct

It says it in the article…

1 Like

It should be on the main channel, to achieve the highest ratings possible. If they slot it on ELEVEN, it would be a waste of a program.

1 Like

Zoodle’s comment in the comments section is spot on. Ten are all over the place and need serious reform.

1 Like

What sort of ratings are the expecting on the main channel 200,000 ? Can it even get that…

With HYBPA leading, I’m sure it will get heaps of mentions during HYBPA since they are produced by the same company. I think it has a chance

2 Likes

It is strange to see an animated series on Ten though, particularly with shows like Bob’s Burgers and Duckman screening on Eleven.

2 Likes

I’d rather they bought Wentworth. :wink:

4 Likes

It will preview on Ten for first episode and then then move the following week to Eleven and air Wednesday nights

1 Like

Ten have finally come to their senses and Masterchef will air from 7pm on Sundays this year as opposed to the 7:30pm slot it traditionally holds.

2 Likes

Let’s see how it actually rates.

Considering that Archer Australia Pacific Heat is one of the most blatant cases of plagiarism I’ve seen from an Australian production it doesn’t deserve a go on Ten at all. Nonetheless it makes sense that they’re doing it as a sweetener to keep working dog happy and perhaps as an attempt to keep them from shopping HYBPA around other networks.

Any ideas what Ten will air next year in place of TBL ? They will need a new reality show won’t they?

I am hoping Ten pick up Big Brother again.

4 Likes

Does Nine still have rights to BB ?