Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Wouldn’t it have something to do with the contract with working dog? I guess if you are paying for something you want to use it - especially if it’s your biggest show.

Personally I think 10 should just air it at 8:30 Monday. It’s not like people will be flocking to their coverage.

I think the point is that it would be disrespectful to be screening a comedy show at the same time as the funeral of the Queen. Most people will be watching that coverage anyway so the potential audience would be small.

Best idea is skipping one week and running an extra week at the end of the year.

5 Likes

Air The Amazing Race and HYBPA on Monday on Ten Peach or Bold would be a good solution for those who do not want to watch the funeral of the Queen

What is the main point of having the multi channels if you not going to use it like what I just suggested?

2 Likes

I doubt what will happen because it is unlikely that 10 would have alternate programming

I reckon it will be tough for The Cheap Seats to have much content today given the majority of news coverage since Thursday has been Queen Elizabeth related

That would probably be easier if it was a 10 produced show.

You are probably right regarding airing a comedy at the same time as a funeral - although I do think there would be an audience that has no interest. We saw a clear example of this on Friday when people chose AFL over coverage of the Queens death.

I’m not sure how true this is but I was listening to a radio DJ saying they are required to not air certain genres of songs after the death of a royal for a period of time. I wonder if other media organisations have similar.

1 Like

Looks like normal programming for 10 on the main channel on Monday night with 10Bold taking the funeral coverage. They were always going to be destroyed trying to compete with funeral coverage; with this they might be able to put up some resistance. Surely there will be some viewers who are over the royal coverage.

6 Likes

Might be a good move in moving the funeral to 10Bold, rather than not having it on the main channel. When 10 usually has rolling news stories/coverage, its ratings shares go downwards - like last weekend for the Queens death, and for William and Kate’s Wedding.

1 Like

I think this is a good move, as I suggested above. The last time they did coverage of a royal wedding they got completely smashed. It’s good they are offering an alternative.

2 Likes

I actually agree. I think it’s a smart move by 10.

They can still have live news updates throughout the evening and advise people (if interested) to watch on 10Bold.

5 Likes

Me! :grinning:

Update - late start for Gogglebox next week on the east coast.

Wednesday 21 September
08:40 pm Shaun Micallef’s Brain Eisteddfod S01 E10 Season Final

Thursday 29 September
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
07:30 pm Football: Socceroos V New Zealand
10:30 pm Gogglebox Australia S16 E05
11:30 pm Law & Order: S.V.U. Rpt
12:30 am The Project Rpt
01:30 am The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm The Dog House Australia Rpt
08:30 pm Gogglebox Australia S16 E05
09:30 pm The Cheap Seats Rpt
10:30 pm Law & Order: S.V.U. Rpt
11:30 am The Project Rpt
12:30 am The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

2 Likes

What day is it? :thinking:

1 Like

Tonight?

They did same thing on IG

It’s in the description but not on the photo of what it is

3 Likes

Posted today but it is Saturday’ schedule.

1 Like

The photo on The Real Love Boat’s FB page includes the show title.

1 Like

This has been updated to:

7.30: Micallef’s Brain Eisteddfod (final)
8.30: The Dog House rpt
9.40om: no changes to Bull

1 Like

RIP 10 shares.

Just saw a Facebook ad for audience tix for 2nd season of would I lie to you, filming in October.
Looks like it’s coming back!