Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Wasn’t aware of the large cost involved. Is there much more cost involved in an hour version compared to a half hour version though?

No, the cost to put to air 60 minutes of content as opposed to 30 would be minimal

Will the Sunday edition of The Project affect the recording of Have You Been Paying Attention? I think the two shows share the same studio space in Melbourne, and HYBPA is usually taped each Sunday.

Can they not record two things on the same day?

Not if they use the same studio space.

I really don’t think they need to try The Project on the weekends but another concept could be worth a shot. How about a variation on the chat show theme? There have got to be some comedians that could handle a weekly variety/chat type show.

If they give The Project another chance on weekends, it cannot air against Seven/Nine News. Otherwise doomed to failure again.

Could they do a weekend project from Sydney?

I agree. But I think they could possibly add that to the Sunday night schedule. If Ten could sort something out that would provide 40+ hours of content a year for their 8:30 Sunday timeslot and a consistent show for Sundays and Saturdays they would be set.

Here is a couple of ideas that Ten could go for (I know this isn’t a mock)

Sunday’s
6:00 Family Feud
6:30 Weekend Project Live from Sydney OR Game Show
7:30 Reality
8:30 Dirty Laundry Live OR Chat Show

Saturday’s
6:00 Family Feud
6:30 Weekend Project Live from Sydney OR Game Show
7:30 All Star Family Feud OR Graham Norton
8:30 Graham Norton OR Dirty Laundry Live

I think the issue with Dirty Laundry Live, and I only caught a few episodes, but could it be potentially too similar to what Have You Been Paying Attention sets out to achieve? If Ten did a weekend version of the Project and set it in Sydney it could lead to the potential filming of Dirty Laundry Live from Melbourne as well.

I think its taped early Monday afternoon.

Im 99.9% it’s taped on a Sunday, there’s no way with all the breakfast radio personalities they get on the show they would be able to do this and fulfil their other commitments on-air.

When Osher recently appeared on the show he snapchat leaving Sydney all the way through to just before going out on set, which was on a Sunday.

3 Likes

The transformation show which has been calling for applications is actually the 11th season of The Biggest Loser. News Corp says it will air in 2017 with new format, new techniques and new trainer Libby Babet replacing Michelle Bridges and Steve “Commando” Willis. Shannon Ponton and host Fiona Faulkner will return.

They’re bringing it back? Why?! I thought that The Biggest Loser tanked in the ratings last season. :confused:

1 Like

I think Ten is trying to fill in the gap between I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and MasterChef.

Hmmm not sure how I feel about this one. If they are going to bring it back it will have to only air 2 nights a week on a Wednesday and Thursday to stand any chance.

It didn’t actually tank in the ratings. If you call it tanking then that is not what I call it. I would say it did alright. Challenge Australia series is what i call tanking. On average it did 600k per episode.

Hasn’t people said, particular on this forum that Ten should have a reality TV show between I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and MasterChef.

###Week commencing 18 September 2016

Sunday 18 September
06:30 pm Modern Family x 2
07.30 pm Australian Survivor
08:40 pm Divergent Premiere

Monday 19 September
07.30 pm Australian Survivor
09:00 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
10:00 pm The Odd Couple x 2
11:00 pm Elementary

Tuesday 20 September
07:30 pm Australian Survivor
08:30 pm NCIS
09:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
10:30 pm NCIS: New Orleans

Wednesday 21 September
07.30 pm The Bachelorette Australia Season Premiere
09.15 pm Scream Queens Season Premiere
10:15 NCIS Los Angeles
11.00 pm Hawaii Five-O

Thursday 22 September
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia
08:30 pm Gogglebox Australia
09:30 pm Law & Order: S.V.U
11:00 pm Blue Bloods

Friday 23 September
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
09:30 pm TBA

Saturday 24 September
06:00 pm Travels with the Bondi Vet
06:30 pm Epic
08:30 pm A Good Day to Die Hard

I think you need to look back at the figures. Not sure it averaged 600k. Its lowest was 324k. Not sure of the average. But when you think about the lack of competition it had then that might explain it. I doubt it would average 600k against My Kitchen Rules.

Ten should definitely have a reality show between I’m a Celebrity and Masterchef. But not one that is a dud. Maybe The Bachelorette? Or a spin off of the show like Bachelor in Paradise or Bachelor Pad. Or another completely different reality show.

Just looked and it averaged under 600k for the whole run minus the finale night. For the first 10 weeks it only averaged 550k which was in the ratings period. It was marginally better during the last 3 weeks averaging over 600k. But can you really commission a show that does ok against no competition? I honestly think Ten would be better off airing All Star Family Feud, Long Lost Family and Bondi/Gold Coast Cops (or whatever it was) than The Biggest Loser. I know they didn’t do well either but I think they would do better than The Biggest Loser, especially against My Kitchen Rules (and we all know how badly it did last time against that show).

2 Likes

No shows in the top 20 for TEN, and equal last place with SBS for channel share. Horrendous.

Hahahahaah… Ten. People keep saying how good the rugby deal is for the network. Yeah right…great rights deal. Simulcast on fox for a minor sport. Diabolical from ten. They’re a fucking joke when it comes to news and sport. Will never be considered a proper main network until they fix this issue.

Renewing shows like biggest loser isn’t going to help them.

9 Likes

28 posts were split to a new topic: Ten’s weekend woes