Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Based on episode numbers, it’s moving to Saturday’s in place of NCNO with The Project and Colbert moving forward.

1 Like

Taboo premieres on Thursday 13th June, it sounds like listening to the interview with Harley on The Project tonight that 10 may be encoring the pilot episode from last year also.

Premieres Thursday 13th June at 8.30pm.

Good slot i just wonder if this sort of show will rate for 10.

1 Like

Looks like 10 are doing The Amazing Race, a casting call just went out during MasterChef.

They are. It was announced earlier today.

1 Like

3 Likes

Appears TV Blackbox broke the story, nothing announced by the network just yet - though after the casting notice went out the other month it was pretty obvious the show was The Amazing Race based on the description.

Interesting that the rights are distributed by Disney, to be produced by Eureka Productions here in Australia.

Why is that “interesting” may I ask?

According to Wikipedia, Seven’s version of The Amazing Race Australia was also distributed by Disney. Active TV (The Amazing Race Asia) made the first two seasons, while Seven produced Australia v New Zealand season.

It appears to be because Disney/ABC has the rights to the program outside the USA, while CBS distributes the original with the USA.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the guy who feels it necessary to mention the distributor of every film shown on Australian television? :thinking:

7 Likes

According to Mediaweek, 10 has bought the rights to British period drama Beecham House, set in India in 1795. It features in a showreel at 10’s UpClose event for media agencies during this week.
It will air on ITV later this year.

1 Like

An interesting pick up. Not really something in 10’s demographic.

It’s a program more suited to BBC First.

1 Like

Downton Abbey was a huge hit for Seven and popular among the younger demographic too. Obviously 10 is thinking Beecham House can do the same.

Yeah… I am just unsure whether this is a show 10’s audience would watch. But I see their logic.

Maybe this is something for Sat nights? Try to steal some of ABC’s audience?

Maybe it could go to Thursday or Friday nights? It could fill the gap on 8.30pm Fridays while The Graham Norton Show is on a break.