Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

But this can’t be true when, for example, ten were spending $20 mill a year on big bash and were going to offer a lot more for the current rights.

1 Like

except that they only lost that deal, unexpectedly, earlier this year - no where near enough time to commission a series that meets the MS high standards.

1 Like

A Big Brother reboot was mooted, for some reason they went with the ancient-skewing DWTS.

1 Like

By whom? That was only speculation here. They never said they were considering it.

3 Likes

Totally agree and I’ve said that before. But money should not be the excuse.

1 Like

Ten did say it was considered didn’t they but said it was too expensive.

Surely can’t be expensive than BBL though.

Probably more than the 20 mill a year they were paying.

But Big Brother coild not deliver Big Bash sized ratings.

1 Like

I didn’t say money. I said time.

Ten said they considered it for summer but couldn’t work out how to make it work financially.

I know you did but the initial conversation was about money in which my post was subject to. You then replied to my comment discussing time which is not what I was talking about… Which is why I replied to you saying that I agreed but it wasn’t what I was discussing.

1 Like

It’s been said so many times here over the years… but you simply cannot compare to how well TV rates in the UK during December / January as it’s smack in the middle of winter. Summer means less eyeballs on screens, there is minimal motivation to remove the existing non ratings period over this time of the year.

2 Likes

Yep, I agree. December & January might be big for TV in the UK (and other Northern Hemisphere countries), but climatically it’s more comparable to Australia in June & July.

If you want to do a fair comparison, you’d really have to compare what type of TV we’re getting in December/January to what the Northern Hemisphere is getting in June/July.

No one ever expects it to be as big as the UK. I only suggest somewhat of a shift because the fact this is the biggest buying time of the year. Completely shutting up shop and putting American sitcoms and Jamie Oliver repeats aren’t going to help the advertisers promote their product. For example Nine could air the block from October-December or Ten could shift their schedule and air Masterchef at the back end. Viewers aren’t going to suddenly say it’s December we can’t watch tv and watch the finales of these shows.

4 Likes

New show hosted and produced by Angela Pulvirenti, and filmed at Dan Murphy’s cellar at the inner Melbourne suburb of Prahran. The episodes are already available on 10 Play.

This should be 8:30 Friday following The Living Room or Saturday following premium factual programming at 7:30.

Another missed opportunity.

3 Likes

They obviously don’t have much faith in it, dropping it in such a late timeslot with very little promotion.

It looks like a very niche series, 10.30pm or Sunday afternoon is the right slot

Front a successful TV or radio show? He’d be better of sticking to Motorsport.